Why we won't live happily ever after with Planetary Annihilation

I don't think there's any changes planned that would change your opinion... Mostly I'm looking forward to the 'competitive' update which is supposed to provide some native matchmaking. This should help foster a larger competitive community which could lead to watching some more great matches in tournaments, etc.

Also any balance changes they make will be welcome. I think the balance of the game is quite good in a lot of places, but some tweaks to the orbital units are most likely needed. Once a planet is secured it is a little too cheap to fortify it. Some alternative ways to breach fortress planets would be nice. Either that or make it more difficult to fortify a secured planet in the first place.

Research would be helpful when reviewing a game. Maybe you should try it before your next review. A large percentage of this review is just wrong. Did you even try to look in the menu selection called settings?

Obviously Tom believes his readers aren't smart enough to understand this game without a printed manual. The game is not that hard to figure out.

I really don't believe you should downgrade a game just because you think your readers are too dumb to understand how to play it.

It's a new world we live in Tom. Not all games come with printed manuals and cloth maps these days.

So Minecraft sucks? Someone is wishing for the days of yore. "Ready Player One?"

Or even an accurate reflection of reality.

Look at these fanboys moan. I paid $60 for this game during one of its development stages and it was such a bloody headache to get into that I just didn't.

Nooo... I'm thinking your closer to a comedian than a reviewer. With that in mind I think I understand your "review". The joke's a bit dry though. I don't believe most of your readers will get it.

Tom, what rts games do you play? Not much has come out in the last few years. It really seems like you are comparing this game against some ideal created a decade ago.

I really think you should put a disclaimer on your reviews stating they are geared towards 40 year olds.

Eeek get out!

Thanks for the support Jar jar.

Meh.. Tom got frustrated because it didn't ship on floppies. Give him a break.

I'd look around for some other reviews before you write this game off. Toms opinion doesn't match the majority of reviews I've read.

What RTSs do I play? All of them. And I don't mean that in the sense of Sarah Palin being asked what magazines she reads. I mean, quite literally, all of them.

As for who my reviews are "geared towards", I don't really think that way. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're not "geared towards" someone who wants to be called borkyborkbork.

Look at those who have nothing constructive or relevant to say insult everyone who disagrees as "Fanboy". I heard it so often already it is outright boring.

I think his review his bad, but not bad enough to physical attacks or breaking bones. besides he is on the other side of the internet so he would be hard to reach either way.

Or did you mean the "pause" interpretion of giving a break?

Why would I hate him? I pity him and them.

Him, as he apparently lacks skills every gamer of 15 years has.
And those who read and beleive this review, because they are missing on a good game.

I don't even have fear for the future of PA. And without fear, there can be no hate.

Actually, you could argue that Minecraft's lack of tutorial is a point against it. Many people prefer the console version of Minecraft to start with because the recipes are integrated into the game and do not require a wiki or YouTube to discover. Some of those players eventually "graduate" to the PC version to get mods and such, but the initial experience there can be pretty rough without consulting outside information.

I was under the impression that crippling performance was par for the course in a SupCom game. ;)

Laughing so hard at that brogrammer on the right. Nice faux hawk, mr. 2005.

Oh boy, way to represent your games community, Karry Karry! I bet you were hard pressed to make this comment since it meant you weren't faffing about with planetary annihilation for two seconds. Doofus.