Why you should never loot, after a hurricane, in Texas

Thanks to pfunkmusik @ SimHQ.

:lol:

Who goes looting in suburbia?

Aw, details, details. It’s the spirit of the thing! :lol:

Not knowing these guys or the context, I can say that I met a handful of very similar folks in the Algiers region of New Orleans who were bragging about the number of looters they shot post-Katrina.

It’s a fine line between protecting your home and belongings with lethal force as a last-ditch necessity and shooting folks in the road because they were out after curfew and you had guns.

I’m all about private gun ownership. I just wish it was treated with a little more ceremony and respect.

The best thing about that picture is that they are posing with a golfcart. I hope that means that it is their vigilante squadcar, and that they use it when cruising the the mean streets of suburbia for looters.

Umm, I can’t be sure, of course, but I bet the “context” was to project a little humor. The same reason I originally posted it. Jeez Louise! Aren’t we allowed to smile or laugh anymore?

You posted it in Politics & Religion, you knew what you’d get.

The next to last guy on the right reminds me of Homer Simpson, opening his beer with a pistol.

“When your buddy takes a photo of you and everyone in your neigborhood holding a beer in one hand and a gun in the other, by a plywood sign with the slogan WE SHOOT LOOTERS … you might be a redneck”.

here in PA, the rednecks are mostly restricted to the hill country. if those are the type of people that live in a nice suburban neighborhood in texas, i can hardly imagine the types that live out in the boonies. it is probably worse than west virginia.

Workers in TX apparently don’t know how to plant power poles in the ground straight.

Steve Carell did this line better.

Umm, I can’t be sure, of course, but I bet the “context” was to project a little humor. The same reason I originally posted it. Jeez Louise! Aren’t we allowed to smile or laugh anymore?[/quote]

Of course you are allowed to smile or laugh. I was just pointing out that the thing being laughed about – killing looters – actually did happen in NOLA, and that it wasn’t as humorous in that context.

Jeez Louise! Aren’t we allowed to be reflective or somber anymore?