Wii Gamecube saves question

Can you use the Wii’s internal memory to save Gamecube game data? Or do you still need a GC save card?

I think you need a GC card.

Let me just say-

That’s really F’in lame.

Yep, a GameCube memory card is mandatory.

This probably won’t ever change too. Oh well.

I’m guessing it helped keep the price down on the Wii.

You can’t use the Wii Classic controller for GC games, either. You need the GC controller.

Yeah a used memory card cost me all of $3.99 + tax at gamestop. Really broke the bank. :(

Makes sense really-the Wii is really a Wii AND a GC in one box… Not a bad idea really-makes for 100% compatiblity.

Would you rather have to check a list on the Internet every time you have a Gamecube game in your hand at a store in order to know if that’s one of the games they got working on the Wii?

Only if the Wii is your first Nintendo console. If you’re someone like me who’s had a GameCube for a few years before picking up a Wii, it’s actually a very handy feature.

What he said. In fact, I’m almost positive you can hear the Wii whirring and clicking as it changes in and out of GameCube mode.

Backward compatibility FTW. Having to have a memory card is a small price to pay.

The PS2 needs a PS1 memory card to save PS1 games, nothing new here.

Would have been a nice feature, though. Especially since Nintendo screwed up initially with memory card size.

The ps2 memory card does allow you transfer saves off of your Ps1 memory card for storage. That would have been useful with the Wii since I don’t remember how but I have 3 memory cards for gamecube.

And a new one cost me $10. Waa.

-Walt

my gamestop didn’t have any new ones :(

I was thinking of eventually picking up titles like Zelda: Wind Waker and Eternal Darkness for my Wii, since I missed out on the Gamecube.

So I know from this thread that I’ll need a Gamecube memory card. I’ll also need a Gamecube controller. Now, I’m partial to buying the Wavebird controller, my roommate had 3 of those, and they’re good controllers. But I’m thinking of my Wii and I can’t picture where the wireless thingie that plugs into the front of the gamecube will go on the Wii. No doubt one of the hidden panels opens up on the Wii and you can plug in a controller somewhere right?

But doesn’t the panel itself get in the way of plugging in those wireless bases? Has anyone actually tried the wireless Gamecube controllers on the Wii? Do they work fine?

The Wavebird is incompatible with the Wii. There’s no physical reason so far as I know, it just doesn’t recognize it. It’s one of my gripes with the system.

Wavebird works great on my Wii. You sure the channels match on your controller and receiver?

The Wavebird is incompatible with the Wii. There’s no physical reason so far as I know, it just doesn’t recognize it. It’s one of my gripes with the system.

Awww crap. That sucks. :(

Edit:

The Wavebird works fine.

Wait, it works? Hurray! I’d much rather have wireless than rumble. So there’s no problems in plugging the receivers into the gamecube ports then, wherever those are hidden?