Wildermyth

It really isn’t like Darklands, aside from being a RPG that has both a tactical combat and a scripted multiple-choice encounter aspect.

I should clarify, I’m not that familiar with Darkland. It’s too old. Before my time.

I dont expect it to be, I’m just giving Dave some shit

Ok well fair enough!

You make it sound even more like Darklands than I did :O

This is the review that sold me

This, very much so. The colors and the art style is absolutely evocative and vibrant, and the use of customizing both character models and enemy models with evolving upgrades (such as weapons and equipment) is really something wonderful. The little comic book style panels are just perfect.

Yup. About my only complaint is that I wish I could turn off the “idle wobble” and just have the cutouts static when not moving.

That was discussed in the Steam forums - I suggested letting them “slide” instead, sort of like moving a chess piece. I believe the last I saw they were looking into it, but for now the official solution is to increase the animation speeds to max - it basically just “teleports” the models around instead.

I don’t mean the movement hop (though a slide would be a nice alternative option there). I mean bouncing up and down in place when idle like a 30’s cartoon character.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I don’t notice it when I’m playing but now you mention that it would be nice to have them just glow if they are selected instead of moving. Right now I think the animation is just so you know for sure who is selected? I just played it half an hour ago and now I can’t remember if all models do that or just the active one?

I’m sure I’ll tune it out visually once I’ve played some more.

Ah, that makes a measure of sense. I hadn’t noticed that, but then I only just started playing.

Wildermyth is fantastic. I played it all through early access and it never felt particularly early.

Bought this when it first came out and decided to wait till 1.0, first hour of gameplay gave me an initial impression I very much like everything about this one so far.

Just went to buy this but my purchase was rejected because apparently Steam is down. Thanks Steam.

The release of Wildermyth took down Steam. (Steam works fine for me, but I’m trying to resist buying the game just to test that aspect).

Tuesday is maintenance day on Steam. It always goes down on Tuesdays for a little while, unlike Batman.

Selfish man.

Yeah, I saw that. I’m sitting here impatiently waiting for them to get it done. Nothing feels quite like wanting to buy a game and you can’t, lol.

They all do before they move, but the active one bounces faster and glows. After moving, they’re static and grayed out. It’s an extraordinarily minor complaint about what appears to be a fantastic game but yeah, the glow and gray-out alone would be sufficient for me.