Will John Carmack like working for Facebook now that they're buying Oculus?

Title Will John Carmack like working for Facebook now that they're buying Oculus?
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When March 25, 2014

Facebook is buying Oculus VR Inc. Let that sink in for a minute. The indie darling for virtual reality technology is being purchased by the company that puts ads between your friends' posts and hopes you won't know the difference..

Read the full article

One more reason not to care about it, then.

So, will everyone that helped this becoming a thing by contributing to the Kickstarter receive part of the 2 billion?
I know I'd feel pretty bummed if I had contributed, because the end user product is still not out, and god knows what tainted ideas the money grabbing giant Facebook will try to shoehorn in now that it owns the place.

Man, that is terrible news.

Facebook has been fairly hands off with a lot of their acquisitions so I doubt that Oculus is "ruined" now.
The Kickstarter thing is a lot more troubling. Legally they are entitled to nothing, as backing is not investing, but I'll bet a lot of people who backed are unhappy that their money went into making the owners at Oculus very, very rich. It would be nice to see at least a refunding of the Kickstarter money now that they got their $2 billion as a goodwill move, but it will never happen.