Will Madden, FIFA, NBA games ever have diminished sales?

Also, bring back NCAA Football, you EA heathens.

EA and NCAA legal departments: “No.”

Yeah I know the reason, but I played the dickens out of it when I still had a working 360.

Oh, me too. And it was a crime that neither 2k or EA ever really seemed to figure out how to present the feel of the college hoops game well.

Now I need to kick something over to feel better.

After playing a number of exhibition games to get some idea of where to put the skill sliders, penalties and injuries and so on, I finally started my franchise as the Dolphins with their first pre-season game against Tampa Bay, (happening this very night in real life, sports fans!).

On the second carry of the game Kenyan Drake broke his collarbone and will miss eight weeks.

In the third quarter Frank Gore broke his foot and will miss six weeks.

This is exactly what being a Dolphins fan feels like, so well done to EA for that.

Had to refund Madden 19 on PC because of my fucking ISP. My connection occasionally just drops for 1-2 seconds, and apparently in this game that means you’re greeted by the main menu.

So after about a dozen times of trying to continue a game, I gave up.

Single player?

Yes sir.

Bugger me. I did not realize that Madden would take an always-on connection to play. You just saved me the purchase.

Thank you.

Sure thing.

You and I are going to become compadres, my friend. I did a spit take after reading he last line, bc as I got there I thought “well, yeah that would happen…”

If you want more typical Dolphin goodness - in the pre-season week four game against Atlanta we’re leading 13-6 in the fourth and Bobby McCain intercepts Matt Schaub on the two, turns upfield and sees 90-plus yards of open grass to run into.

He gets all the way to the Atlanta 10 and then tears his hamstring and falls over, four yards short of a touchdown.

This game is a stunningly good Dolphins simulator. It’s uncanny.

Despite a litany of injuries my Phins went 4-0 in pre-season, squeaking by Arizona and Baltimore, easing away from Atlanta and outright crushing the Panthers, mainly thanks to repeated mistakes from the collection of Carolina Quarterbacks who aren’t Cam Newton.

As a long time Miami fan this made me highly suspicious.

Then came the season opener against Tennessee and I went into even more of a “Fry-face” eye squint as we pretty easily dealt with the Titans.

Stephone Anthony ran an interception back for a touchdown to put Miami up 14-7 and on the next drive Reshad Jones picked off Mariotta in the end zone and that seemed to break the Titans’ back and the game ended up 31-17.

At this point I’m thinking “I should probably turn the sliders up a bit… but maybe Miami are just better than everyone thought and I should have aimed a bit higher than 8-8 in my pre-season chat with the GM?”

The classic Dolphins trap.

Following week we travel to play the Jets in “New York” and following an exchange of punts Tannehill leads an 80 yard drive, capped with a 25 yard touchdown pass over the middle to rookie Tight End Mike Gesicki.

On the next drive Cameron Wake simply crushes Josh McCown, knocking the ball loose and we recover at the Jets 35!

What follows is back-to-back Offensive Holding penalties negating two first down passes and a drive that nets minus seventeen yards, leading to a punt.

Then Cameron Wake dislocates his shoulder.

Then the Jets score 20 unanswered points as the collection of lawn chairs draped with Dolphins towels that make up our Linebacking corps misses tackles, fails to cover Tight Ends and misdiagnoses screen plays allowing McCown to noodle to almost 300 yards like the second coming of Chad Pennington.

The Defence finally reappears in the fourth quarter and stops New York on three straight drives, but it doesn’t mean anything because the Offence stopped working while Gesicki was celebrating in the end zone eight minutes into the game.

Frank Gore gains 21 yards on 17 carries. The final score is New York 20-13. The Dolphins are back.

I don’t even follow football, but that recap was fun! Let us know how the season ends!

Anyone playing ultimate team? I recently added origin premiere access since I was going to spend a chunk of money on BF5 anyways, and mut has had its hooks in me this weekend.

If people playing Madden un into an issue where it seems like it isn’t recognizing the controller, and is unresponsive when starting up, if you have something like a thrustmaster joystick plugged in try unplugging that (wtf).