Willy's Wonderland - Nicolas Cage Keeping His Mouth Shut

I’m a pinball nerd, but thought you guys might find this article interesting- about how they made the pinball machine for the movie:

This was terrible, and not in a way where you watch Cage chew scenery and have some fun with gross-out humor. It was boring, and Cage not talking detracted from any fun that could’ve been squeezed from the low-budget concept. Cage playing pinball and crushing cans are the only bright spots in the movie.

I think the Banana Splits Movie was a better use of the idea. It more effectively does the contrast between kids suit mascots and gruesome killings. Sure, it lacks Cage grunting and sloppy fighting, but it’s just overall a more entertaining (and budgeted) movie. Plus, it has the theme song, which gives it a point automatically.

Sid and Marty Kroft have corrupted my brain to the point where I can still sing the banana splits song today.

I really enjoyed this. It’s dumb and weird and very very Nicholas Cage-y. Possibly my favorite beat was Cage doing a big two-on-one animatronics fight to the tune of “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes”.

Do not go in expecting it to be a Five Nights at Freddy’s movie in any meaningful sense despite the similar killer animatronics. Or really a scary horror movie in any way. There’s maybe a couple lightly unsettling bits because of the animatronics but…not really.

This is on Hulu now. Some of the puppet effects were cool (the ostrich was particularly unsettling), but yeah, mostly just boring and dumb. I kept thinking how these kids are going to spend the rest of their lives telling people they were in a movie with Nic Cage.

Just watched this on Crackle. It’s free if you don’t mind some commercials. Lots of them are for Burger King, so make sure you have snacks or aren’t hungry.

I had a good time with this. Not a great movie, but many moments made me grin. Cage is good though it’s a stretch to have him not speak a single word. It’s like he’s autistic or mute. It’s fun to see him act without dialog and he even manages to chew the scenery at one point while playing pinball. Chew away, Nick!

It was actually nice to see the protagonist pulverize an enemy and not end the fight with a snarky comment.

I also admire how the dude never missed a scheduled break. It’s break time dammit. I’ll be back to deal with you possessed animatronic horrors later.

So for me, quite enjoyable. I recommend if you like campy movies and like Nicholas Cage.