Windows 10 install

So my PC in Indonesia was having issues (another thread). I have come back to NZ because of Covid but my wife took it back to the store I bought it as under warranty and they replaced the SSD, but with no OS.

My son in law, who is tech savvy to a point, downloaded the Windows 10 installation file to USB from the Windows site and installed. There is now a working copy of windows 10 but it requires activation.

However I can see (via teamviewer) that it is a Pro copy - my son in law maintains there is no option to select the Home version during download or installation.

I have no pro key & don’t want it as it is way expensive & also unnecessary - are there any easy options to fix this? There is no other drive on the PC.

You could try this?

trying it now, thanks

Good luck!

THANK YOU!!

Worked like a charm; didn’t even need to activate, it must have ‘remembered’ the key we were trying to use before.

Wow QT3 strikes again…saved me a bunch of money & frustration.

Awesome! I’m glad it all worked out!

The Windows 10 installation tool (It is more called the Windows installation Media) can do this, and there are many ways to get this tool, it can be created or downloaded directly from Microsoft.