Windows 10

I loaded up GPU-Z and had it create a sensor log and then I ran Skyrim until it crashed but it doesn’t seem to indicate anything. It was at 77c, 52% fan speed, and 2444 MB video memory usage. It had been at those levels, or higher, for some time prior to rebooting, though.

Stupid question because you probably already did this - have you unseated/unplugged and re-seated/plugged in the card? Perhaps one of the 12v cables isn’t firmly in place.

Yep I’ve done that. I think I’ll try to track down an nVIDIA driver from earlier this year when I wasn’t having issues and see if installing that does anything.

So who’s going to defend this? Any takers? @LMN8R, u up?

Doesn’t google do the same when you aren’t using chrome? At least on YouTube and other services?

I get so annoyed at the constant prompts to use Office 365, Cortana, Edge, etc. I just want to use my computer without all that crap.

Have you looked in settings?

Well, i turned off my Alienware M17x laptop last night, working fine, it is upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, this morning I’ve got a Your PC needs to be repaired error code 0xc000000e etc. Argh. Making a windows 10 USB drive right now on my wife’s laptop and hoping I can get it to boot from there and somehow recover. I hope it won’t ask for a windows serial number or such. No idea what that is.

Those are inside the browser at specific websites owned by Google. Comparing that to ads inside the operating system native UI is a false equivalency.

Note this is actually a popup, too. It pops up out of your taskbar while you’re in another program. It isn’t just a custom mouseover.

I haven’t seen it, so, I can’t possible on how much interferes.

Almost all windows laptops have the product key for Windows on a label on the bottom. Flip it over, find it, snap a clear picture with your phone, and you’ll be ready if they ask for it during install. I’d recommend doing a clean install (after backing up your drive).

Surely that is what people signed up for when they agreed to use Windows Prism?

If people don’t like it, they should make their own operating system!

I just want to drop in and say I really hate OneDrive, because no matter how I dinker around with it, I can’t get it to actually give up rights to the PrintScreen button (I mean, there’s an option in settings to do so, but it doesn’t appear to really work).

More or less, if OneDrive is running, GreenShot (my screenshotting utility of choice!) can’t gain a lock on the PrtScrn button and refuses to start up properly, which is maddening.

I was on the verge of installing some convoluted startup management software that manually loads programs in a certain order on boot in order to avoid these sorts of conflicts. . . before I remembered that I’m already a paying Dropbox subscriber, so fuck, why do I even let OneDrive run in the first place?

I have not experienced this yet, but when I do, does anyone know how to turn that off for good? Corporate America is really pissing me off with stuff like this. I really wish there was another choice, but as a gamer I am kind of stuck with Windows. Amazon is annoying me by constantly hassling me about getting a prime membership, even google is bugging me about signing up for shit I do not want and there isn’t any kind of NO and never ask me again option.

Nobody knows exactly what triggers it yet. My guess is unpinning Edge from the taskbar will do it, until the next time you upgrade Windows and it re-pins of course.

It seems reasonable to assume it would be controlled by this setting:

Seems reasonable to think so. Not proven though.

As anecdata, I’m fully up-to-date and not seeing the behaviour in question. (Also still have Edge pinned to taskbar for no good reason. Default browser is Firefox.)

I’m getting tired of every other Windows 10 update breaking my computer’s ability to stay in sleep mode.