Windows 10

Depends, I guess, but probably not? I have yet to come across a circumstance where I was blocked from editing or monkeying around with something just because it was situated in the default install location. I’d say test it out before bothering with custom install locations.

Yeah I mean I can edit using admin, but it always seems inconvenient. I haven’t noticed it for years because of the multiple drives.

I typically install in the default location but then grant my user full privs to the directory if I need to install mods or something.

I knew I was missing something obvious. Thanks.

I install every game (and hold my Steam libraries) in a distinct “Games” folder, but it doesn’t have much to do with issues regarding Program Files. Rather, I like an easy way to check how much drive space various categories of programs are taking up.

I never install anything in Program files folder.

Can’t install anything from Windows Store. None of my games on my GamePass including the two Forza Horizons. Error 0x803FB005. Already tried WSRESET and rebooted.

This appears to be a problem with Xbox/MS Store apps backend. Anyone else can chime in also experiencing this problem?

Closest here is the MS store told me that an app I purchased some months back was no longer valid for my installation (can’t recall the wording, forgot to screenshot it) and I was forced to re-purchase.

Tonight?

No, last night. Torrex Pro app. (Great app, btw.)

We had a similar problem with AoE a few months ago. Turns out they servers had been friend by a massive thunderstorm.

Something g similar might be going on.

Policy of hard refusal to interact with Windows store reaffirmed!

Did they put up a new version?

The aoe definitive edition affected me months ago too. It was just that specific game at the time where it lay broken an entire long weekend.

The ms store/games for windows sucks.

The problem with AE DE back then was title specific I mean. I can download/install/reinstall/purchase again today.

Was it? I thought it coincided with a huge outage at their servers.

It might have been! I’d be curious if you have any links/sources on the post-mortem for that? I also remember it affecting the odd other app like Dropbox.

Re: Torrex, Finebits has a 73% bundle (Torrex Pro, Metro Commander Pro, 8 Zip Pro and Internet Browser Pro for Xbox One) off sale right now. Is this worth $12.79 CAD?

Sadly, I did look, but I couldn’t find the right search terms.
I do remember Windows Weekly talking about it around the same time, which is why I think they are connected.

Something about how a thorough back up system bit them in the butt.

Wait what… there’s a market for selling a torrent client?

Well of course. You could copy one from your friends onto a 5 1/4" floppy, but I can’t think of any other way you could get one.