Windows 10

Wait, isn’t just right clicking the bottom of the screen? I thought that was the default for everyone.

Ahm, yes, I knew that, of course, sure.

Of course, with all the versions of windoes out in the world, who knows for sure what the defaults are anymore. They change them every version it seems.

ctrl+shift+esc also works, in case your mouse is screwed up

Also don’t forget Win+X for a menu of stuff

Also an option on the Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

I must have suffered a major brain freeze :( I’m actually aware of all of these.

Yep this is what I’ll do. Thanks.

My Windows 10 computer has decided it’s not going to go to sleep automatically. The only thing I’ve installed recently is the software for my Corsair Mechanical keyboard (iCue). You’d think, though, that if it were that, it would show up as a culprit when you start an elevated command prompt and type in powercfg -requests. The results when I do that are “None” across the board.

Any ideas on what else to check?

I’m in much the same boat.

1. Does your keyboard actually have a stuck key?
  2. Do you run a VPN
  1. Don’t think so. Wouldn’t that be fairly easy to spot?
  2. Nope, no VPN unless I’ve been pwned somehow.

MS spent a very long time testing this one, but it’s out now.

Windows Terminal / Linux On Windows 2 or bust!

I had to suspend updates because of 1903, it tried at least 10 times to update and failed every time.

• Display brightness may not respond to adjustments
  • Audio not working with Dolby Atmos headphones and home theater
  • Duplicate folders and documents showing in user profile directory
  • Error attempting to update with external USB device or memory card attached
  • Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices
  • Night light settings do not apply in some cases
  • Intel Audio displays an intcdaud.sys notification
  • Cannot launch Camera app
  • Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi connectivity
  • AMD RAID driver incompatibility
  • D3D applications and games may fail to enter full-screen mode on rotated displays
  • Older versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software incompatible

Huh. This is a Windows issue? I wondered. Every so often I lose wifi from a transceiver across the room, and resetting the connection fixes it.

I upgraded to 1903, now my windows settings UWP app is broken and just crashes when I click on “apps”. UWP is such a miserable piece of shit.

That list is specific to the brand-spanking-new 1903 release, but I suppose it might be an issue carried over from prior releases.

Also:

In other words, wait :-)

Semi-annual channel is twice per year, in other words this update as soon as it’s offered in windows update.