Winter 2016 Midseason New TV Shows Thread

I made it ten minutes in! We probably aren’t the target group, though ;-)

As for Agent Carter - I DID NOT KNOW THIS! NICE!

I read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia for all three, and I can totally see that (I really don’t care about spoilers). They sound interesting, though, and I might pick them up of koo find them used, though that might be hard now with the tv show and others have the same idea. In the meantime, I’ll probably keep watching, as I’m a sucker for urban fantasy, and this looks more serious/less formulaic than the usual Buffy/Supernatural/Grimm/etc. monster-of-the-week generic crap.

I read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia for all three, and I can totally see that (I really don’t care about spoilers). They sound interesting, though, and I might pick them up if I find them used, though that might be hard now with the tv show and others have the same idea. In the meantime, I’ll probably keep watching, as I’m a sucker for urban fantasy, and this looks more serious/less formulaic than the usual Buffy/Supernatural/Grimm/etc. monster-of-the-week generic stuff.

I was 5 minutes in and looked at my wife and said “I’m cool with turning this off whenever you want” but she made me watch the whole thing just to see if it was good. :(

This was my wife and me with Jekyll and Hyde on CBC.

Most looking forward to Agent Carter and Legends of Tomorrow. The commercials for You, Me, and the Apocalypse have looked surprisingly funny. Haven’t watched a comedy show in years.

I watched about a quarter hour of the first episode of Colony last night, but I was just kind of “TV’d out” by that point and didn’t want to keep watching. What I saw was decent–did anyone watch the whole thing?

My Wife and I are watching Galavant again this season, because I’m a sucker for Timothy Omundson. That man can act and sing. I hope he jumps to other things as well.

Still the show isn’t very memorable, but at least it’s unique and although not humorous enough, I do like the humor in it.

My wife thought I set the DVR since it’s usually up to me to do that sort of thing, and I thought she did since she’s the one who really wants to watch it. Of course, neither one of us did.

Is it available on line?

I watched and really liked Colony, it picked up alot more during the 2nd half of the episode, and the reveal bit at the end.

Superstore was not good, not sure if anyone else watched it, but I do not think I laughed once. :|

I’m forcing the family to watch Galavant as well, also because of Lassiter. Your critique is spot-on, the funny parts are indeed funny but it just isn’t ‘enough’ - was hoping for something more akin to Dr. Horrible.

What? No other Agent Carter fans here? Hayley Atwell was amazing in season 1…

Oh, I’m definitely watching Agent Carter, but technically the thread is about new shows (although I myself have brought up returning shows like American Crime).

And I’ve since watched the rest of the episode of Colony. Quite good, so I set up a OnePass.

Proxy’s balcony scene

What did we see there? Was it a nuclear explosion?

I loved Agent Carter, I’m looking forward to more.

Finally looked up what Legends of Tomorrow is. Looked like a generic superhero show, until I realized Rip is Rory. Rory! So, yeah - autowatch.

I missed the pilot, but the last couple episodes of Superstore have been really funny.

We just watched the premier and it’s a lot better than I thought it would be. In some ways it’s what Fear the Walking Dead should have been after the military rolled in. I just wish the “twist” at the end hadn’t been telegraphed earlier.

Hoo boy, is it ever shit. Two episodes was all I could take. I’d rather just watch the first season of NTSF:SD:SUV again.

Watched the first episode of Angie Tribeca - seems like they’re really channeling Police Squad, but it’s hit and miss. But I guess Police Squad was too.

I thought it had some decent laughs, but it’s pretty silly.

Part of the fun of Angie Tribeca for me was watching my wife roll her eyes every 10 seconds. :P