Winter TV 2022 (and Spring too!)

Superman and Lois returned this week for Season 2 and Friday is the Ray Donovan tv movie to wrap up that show.

It’s funny seeing the “air times” for all the shows in that Cinemablend list.

By the standards of the broadcast network way of doing things, Netflix really has that 3AM time slot sewn up! Nobody can outcompete Netflix at 3am.

PBS has a new Around the World in 80 Days? And I already missed a couple of episodes!

It does! And with David Tennant! Looks good. :)

There are a few nice highlights there (YEAH, Ozarks finally!) but good god is that a list of horrid programming for the most part.

I had posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

From that list, the surprises, that it told me were good shows that will soon have more seasons:

Kung Fu 2021 reboot. Season 2 is coming, and don’t sleep on this show? Hmmm.
Blindspotting Season 2. Apparently this was a good show in Season 1.
Russian Doll Season 2. Surprise because hey, I loved Season 1, and Season 2 is finally coming!

From that list, the shows I need to check out that I’ve been meaning to:

Only Murders in the Building. Apparently Season 2 is coming.
Evil. Season 3 is coming. I’ve heard mixed things, but I might check it out.
Westworld Season 4 coming. I loved Season 1, but never felt compelled to continue. This should be good motivation.
Atlanta Season 3. Always meant to check out this show.

The shows where I’ll be there Day One, I can’t wait:

Stranger Things 4
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Umbrella Academy 3
MST3K Season 13
The Boys 3

Some of the other new shows sound intriguing too. For example, I loved “A League of Their Own”, the 90s movie, and that’s getting a TV show, and that just sounds like a good fit for a TV show.

These both look interesting, anyone watching?

@krayzkrok is this vampire hunting show based on a true story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf7KOjIJFgI

So umm, the Endgame was barely ok. Morena should not be using an accent in any show. Eek.

Ugh , The Endgame episode 2 was mediocre, maybe it’s just me? Is anyone else enjoying it?

At least a recent interview proves she made the best Batman choice.

TVLINE | How quickly are you going to run out to see The Batman ? Or have you had your fill of the Caped Crusader?
It’s just oversaturation at this point, I feel like. You know? But also to me, I’m a true fan of Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer in [ Batman Returns ]. I don’t know if you can ever outdo that. Not to speak ill of the new one — I haven’t seen it and I’m sure it’s great — but [ Batman Returns ] has a special place in my heart.

This weeks tv:

Gaslit and We Own This City looking like 2 new shows I’ll be watching for sure.

I have no idea which of the new shows is good. Ongoing shows listed there that I’m really looking forward to:

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (kind of ongoing, right? Picking up from Discovery Season 2).
Hacks Season 2 (woohoo!)
Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (continuation of Clone Wars, kinda)
Stranger Things 4 (wooooooo)
The Orville Season 3 (finally!)
The Boys Season 3 (love this show so much)
The Umbrella Academy Season 3 (ditto)
Only Murders in the Building Season 2 (ok, I haven’t seen Season 1 yet, but I believe Qt3 members when they say it’s excellent!)

I’ll be giving Shoresy a try. I’m hoping there won’t be too much hockey. I just want banter.

The previews sure aren’t selling it to me because Shorsey (the character) was always best in very small doses on Letterkenny. They arguably already drag out his scenes too long for my taste, and the previews make it look like his show will be nothing but more of that. But I’ll check out at least an episode, surely there’s got to be something more to it. I hope.

Here’s an update about the new shows coming up (or should we say “new” and reheated ones?).

Was a big fan of Quantum Leap and LA Law back in the day, so I’m curious how those are adapted to a modern setting.