Wiping: Standing or Sitting

This question should probably be on the MMPI.

I don’t understand how one can wipe standing?!

Stand up bend a bit, twist and reach around. It’s hell on your back. I did it for the first 40 years of my life, and I realized there was no way I could keep doing this in my 60s, so I adjusted to the sit-down wipe.

Ok - now that you described it, it is what I observed my 7 year old is doing. I am wondering if I should correct her now …

I’m not sure how the sit-wipe works. How do you get your arm through the hole if your butt’s on it? Do you sidle forward? Anyway, I’m assuming standing means half-squatting which is what I do. I do wish we had a bidet. The little comparison of, if a bird shat on your hand, would you wash it, or smear it all over your hand with paper, seems apt.

Interesting ! Well, you slide your hand in through the front, not back. Surely there’s enough space there otherwise, how would you pee?

Actually, I am not sure if there will be space if you are bigger size.

Well, now I know who will die standing, like men, rather than on their knees.

As a folding ex Catholic I am deeply unnerved by your anecdote.

So BUY one. You can get multiple models that easily install onto any toilet for like $25 on Amazon, and even the worst of these will be life-changing. They’re easy to install, and renter friendly. Seriously, bidets aren’t luxuries: they are one of the best household purchases you can make, for your own happiness and comfort. AND they pay for themselves: you’ll use like 50-90% less toilet paper once you start using one.

Oh, that’s really cheap. The only difficulty installing them is plumbing because obviously you need a water source. No trivial plumbing task actually is when you’re incompetent like me.

It’s literally unscrew 1 thing and screw on another. Its just a y connector on the current supply. If you can remember lefty loosey righty tighty you can do it.

So, for the standers, how is it done? Do you Superman pose it or are you hunchbacking it like you’re defiling the Notre Dame?

Like Charles says, it’s literally just screw-on. Remove toilet seat, put bidet on, reinstall toilet seat, attach bidet hose to the existing water intake line. I’m no plumber at all, and it was done in five minutes.

You have extra water lines in your bathroom?? I had to get one installed. I want a bidet on my other bathroom as I am soooo lazy I will not use a bathroom without a bidet now, but the water line is a sticking point.

It’s the water line that literally goes to your toilet. Got a working toilet? You have a water line to install a bidet. This bidet’s a fancier model than I have (which is analog), but it shows the way these hook up to the existing line. There’s no extra line required.

That does indeed seem easy. Ok, use teflon tape, I think they don’t show it in the video. Thank you!

You see? I’m sure everyone thought that the way they did it was the only way. Indeed the correct way. I’ve seen this same discussion on another forum. Surprising, no?

The thing that has kept me from installing a bidet so far is the need for an electrical supply. Every bathroom I’ve been in has the outlets inconveniently far from the toilet – usually on the entrance wall, by the sink. To those using bidets, how are you handling that?

I don’t have a heated one. Its invigorating! Plus I live in California so its not that cold.

Water in the winter feels like fucking snow melt where I live. I guess I might not need that morning coffee after doing my morning rounds.