Wireless HDMI

Anyone have any experience with this? Is the quality/responsiveness good?

I’d like to game occasionally on my HDTV, likely using the wireless xbox controller hooked up to my office gaming PC. The computer is just around the corner from the living room PC. No obstruction, and I’m not worried about signal strength. I used to have HDMI over ethernet going from my PC to the TV. It works great, but it’s a major hassle, as I can’t leave the wires connected when not in use.

Seems pricey though, so any less expensive solutions would be welcome.

Just bumping this. I guess no one’s tried it?

Intel’s WiDi is a dead standard and not supported by very many devices/TVs/PCs/STBs. Is this the same thing?

Apple’s AirPlay has slightly more market presence.

Not the same thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Home_Digital_Interface

I might be getting some in a month or so, I’ll let you know how I do ;)

From what I’ve read so far, you truly do get what you pay for with the more expensive models working much better than the cheap ones (surprise!?!).

The idea is great though, especially for throwing presentations into video conferencing units that don’t support Wifi sharing. It would help me get rid of the 30 ft. HDMI cables.

I’ll be curious what hardware costs are like and what the performance is like.

I’ve got this. I believe there is a v2.0 now. I haven’t tried it with gaming, only video watching, but it works. It can intermittently cut out though, and I would have to reconnect the hdmi cables to resync or something. I believe HP was clearing it out for $100, so that’s why I decided to give it a shot.