The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

What’s your point? Who cares what his ‘base’ think? trump could take a dump on TV, eat it and they’d think it made him look like a boss. I don’t get it, we’re supposed to be concerned with how his base thinks, and if not then we’re in some kind of ignorance bubble?

Because they vote, and apparently the GOP leadership seem to very much care what that base thinks.

We know that rough 30% of trump voters won’t ever abandon him. What’s supposed to happen, cater to them so they don’t vote for trump? That’s never going to happen.

No one is saying that.

You just can’t dismiss them or the influence they have on the GOP though. As long Trump gets to appoint Justices, deregulate government agencies, and generally count that voting base, the GOP won’t abandon him. They know that supporting a Trump impeachment means losing their next election, unless you can swing that GOP base away from Trump.

I believe the question is, since there’s no reason to believe that this will ever happen, is there something sane people should be doing differently?

Pelosi’s Chief of Staff:

I’m an optimist, so yes, I think there must be something that will shift those people, or break the GOP’s dependence in those votes. I don’t know what that is, but there has to be something, otherwise what are we all doing? If you think those voters will NEVER change and the GOP will NEVER move from them, then all this is for nothing. Congress will continue to be split and Trump will serve his term and not give a shit about impeachment because it won’t actually do anything to him.

I reject the idea that we should completely ignore or dismiss Trump voters.

Wisdom.

Why are Washington Examiner employees crossing the border? Covered a big story in Mexico? Also, I applaud the Examiner for having a diverse work force.

I’m sure the deserts are just littered with prayer rugs. Can the president of the United States dogwhistle any harder?

That’s not exactly a dog whistle. He’s pretty specifically saying that scary Muslims are sneaking into the US and that’s a bad thing. He’s not even suggesting they’re terrorists.

Exactly!

Yes I suppose that’s what I meant by asking if he could do it any harder. He’s essentially saying dirty Muslims are crossing into the US through Mexico.

Or he probably watched the beginning of Sicario 2 and he thinks it was a documentary.

They’re looking for their groundskeeper who hasn’t shown up for work this week.

This whole thing is so gross to me. First, the idea of prayer rugs just lying all over Sonora is hilarious. Second, the idea that it’s supposed to be scary because the implication is that Muslims are coming across the border just makes me want to punch someone very very hard.

In other words, they totally leaked it.

What’s the theory here… Islamic terrorists are crossing the deserts, but somehow leaving their prayer rugs behind?

How fucking stupid is Trump’s base? (rhetorical question)

They aren’t just leaving them behind, they’re waystations and markers for the next wave of terrorists. There’s probably other supplies stored at the prayer camps too, like trail mix and Gideons Qurans.