The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

You know how they always talk about entitlements? Hmm.

-xtien

Jesus.

George Will has very apropos column today on the subject. It meanders in AOC bashing, so I’ll quote the relevant fashion and save my progressive friends from having to read an old fashion conservative (albeit a never Trump and ex-Republican)

During his 1962 State of the Union address, President John F. Kennedy told his congressional audience, “The Constitution makes us not rivals for power, but partners for progress.” Such anesthetizing bromides serve the interests of presidents by diverting Congress from a truth expressed by the American Enterprise Institute’s Jay Cost: Congress is not, as its members too often and too plaintively insist, a “coequal branch.” It is superior. It creates all executive-branch offices other than president and vice president, and all Article III courts other than the Supreme Court, and can deny appointments to the executive and judicial branches, whereas “the other branches are largely incapable of interfering with Congress.” The executive power enforces the law, the judicial power resolves controversies under the law. The legislative power makes the law: “It comes first.”

But far more interesting than Will’s column is an article he links to
James Madison Won the Shutdown by Greg Weiner. It discussed how Nancy Pelosi for the first time since Newt Gingrich stood up for her institution.

I was taught this in the UK when I studied US government and politics. It was quite a shock to move to the USA where it was commonly interpreted rather differently. I had assumed my teacher in the UK had simply got this wrong, (Tony Batchelor a man who ran for parliament himself) I guess he was right after all.

I remember him making a power diagram running me through who could remove who from office directly or indirectly under the US constitution. There were plenty of lines coming from congress. Zero going into it.

LOL…you knew it was coming. The poor dumb asshole can’t help himself.

My think is that the GOP have known about this for a while but chose to hold it until now as a way to damage the credibility of Dems writ large, instead of just to bring down a single candidate. That will work if Northam doesn’t resign.

I gotta hand it to him, he out foxed me in the choices. Who knew “mock a Republican” was in his locker for this?

I can’t out Trump , Trump. I was a fool to try.

he also did this one, which was a little more predictable perhaps. The leap from racism to abortion eludes me but as we have recently established, I have no idea what the man thinks.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1091858686371344384

Yeah Donny, that’s almost as unforgivable as trying to say that it wasn’t your voice on a tape, many months after you’d already admitted it was. Almost.

No, I think there’s no way Gillespie does this, sacrificing his own run for Governor in order to get the Dems later.

Looks like a guy concerned about a national emergency.

Tiger fits the Trump mold so well. Cheated on his wife, wealthy beyond most people’s dreams, and apparently has no ability to recognize a bad photo op when it presents itself.

I wonder how many golfing tips Trump feels obliged to give to those guys.

I’m guessing Jack and Tiger we’re enjoying a round when Trump showed up and crashed their party.

Wow, Nicklaus is really looking old in that photo. Also, is Trump getting fatter? That stomach of his seems to jut out even more.

I’m guessing he will still be tipping the scale at a svelte 239 when his physical happens next week. /s

Trump is in President Taft territory as far as physical specimens go.

He’s sporting a seriously hefty trunk. Going to give Taft a run for his money as the biggest Prez ever!

60% of his workday. 60%. Wow.

ExecTime2

-xtien