The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

That’s true, and there are very likely state-level investigations in progress. But the Southern District of NY is a federal jurisdiction, under control of the DOJ. In fact, one of Trump’s first actions in 2017 was to fire the US Attorney for the Southern District of NY, Preet Bharara.

Whee!!!

our despot isn’t even original, he’s cribbing from other ones

In 2015, when Turk Telecom was bidding to upgrade their 3G infrastructure to 4G, Erdoğan said 4G was no good, he wanted to jump ahead to 5G! This was comical because at that point the 5G standards had not even been completed, and even carriers in the US had not started any trials of 5G systems.

Still the best Onion article ever.

LOL…fuck Smollett, but fuck this guy to hell.

A Coast Guard officer was arrested and accused of planning a terror attack, aimed at Liberals and members of the Media, “at levels never before seen in the United States”, but good thing fuckstick is on point about Jussie.

White guy does something criminal - it’s an idictment of that one guy. Anyone else does something bad - they speak for their whole race/creed/orientation.

He didn’t get his absurdly expensive and destructive military parade, but Donnie is still determined to ruin things for ordinary DC residents:

Presidential addresses at the Lincoln Memorial are very much not a normal part of a DC’s 4th; usually the President has a White House party, but the main event is the fireworks display on the Mall, which is very much nonpartisan.

There is a precedent though. It turns out Trump is trying to emulate his political idol, Richard Nixon:

Read the whole thing, it’s interesting. Honor America Day actually worked out OK for Nixon - protesters showed up, but that just gave Nixon and co. plenty of opportunity to complain about filthy hippies who hate America, which was on-brand.

It won’t work for Trump, though. For one thing, Trump is far less popular (43% approval) than 1970 Nixon (55-60%). Also, while Nixon himself had all the charm of a cheese grater, he had some of the best media people (including a young Roger Ailes) and Hollywood heavyweights (like Jimmy Stewart and Bob Hope) at his disposal.

All Trump has is a few loyal rats too dimwitted to leave a sinking ship and some d-list entertainment talent.

What’s likely to happen is a repeat of the Inauguration. Trump’s supporters, like their god-emperor, turn out to be far too lazy to make the trip. Faced by the possibility of protests and the certainty of Trump, DC residents stay home in droves. And so the end result is the media spends the whole time talking about Trump’s tiny, tiny crowds.

Just a playground bully.

So no one ever sees Trump with reading glasses? That means he doesn’t read, because just about everyone in their 70’s needs readers.

Why didn’t he pull his eyes into squinty Chinese mode? Was this a compromise his people agreed on, to prevent something worse?

This reminds me of two of the worst Asian sterotypes I’ve seen in movies:

James Caan in El Dorado, disguised as a Chinese person:

Apparently the above scene is often cut for TV showings.

And Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany’s – he makes it hard to watch the film:

Re-watching Monty Python’s Flying Circus recently and there are some… uh… problematic depictions in that show.

Yeah, a lot of things don’t work anymore. Good luck finding a Charley Chan movie on Saturday afternoons now. I don’t remember them being particularly offensive but I was a kid back then. Charley was the hero who outsmarted the bad guys.

Yes, they should be more Lo Kee.

“Here y’are Mr. Hun! There’s a whole ‘orde of maraudin’ Visigoths to see ya!”

I think they were poking fun at race depictions in American TV shows, but nonetheless, that particular bit hasn’t aged very well.

Also Graham Chapman as a Chinese communist in the “If…” parody…

If that was anyone other than Daniel Dale, I would have assumed that it was a random picture with a fake story.

I don’t see what a perfectly normal picture of Mitch McConnell has to do with this.