The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

You mean Marilyn Lockheed, yep. Of course he did.

As usual, I think there’s a simple, and stupid solution. Trump uses mnemonics to remember who is who. So, “Crooked Hillary” or “Little Marco” isn’t just branding, it’s Trump’s way of remembering which Hillary he’s talking about.

So, he remembers him as “Tim Apple”, to remind himself that this is Tim, the guy from Apple. He’s probably used similar techniques his while life to keep tabs on various people he meets in business meetings and such.

But he’s senile and a confabulator, so now, instead of it remaining a mnemonic device, he just says it out loud.

Dammit Ann, stop making me like Trump more!!

1452257622-giphy

I’m not generally a fan of violence but I think they should settle their differences in the octogon. No one who values their sanity would watch such a horror but it would be enjoyable to read a recapped in Deadspin after it was all over.

One of the many things that has never sat right with me about Trump (Okay, nothing sits right with me about Trump, but this bit always stands out to me), is his penchant for making seemingly random, off-the-cuff remarks, like this one about the possibility of Hillary winning–which he delivered to thousands of people during a 2016 election campaign rally:

Source: Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

The thing is, remarks like this are not uncommon for him when he’s at the podium. And because of how many different ways statements like this could be interpreted, it’s hard to nail down specifically what he’s actually trying to say here. Trump himself explained the remark like this:

Mr. Trump and his campaign … insisted he was merely urging gun rights supporters to vote as a bloc against Mrs. Clinton. “The Second Amendment people have tremendous power because they are so united,” he told a CBS affiliate in North Carolina late Tuesday.

and

In an interview with Fox News, Mr. Trump grew adamant. “There can be no other interpretation,” he said, adding, “I mean, give me a break.”

At the time I recognized these explanations for the utter bullshit that they are, but it was hard to go much further because of how slippery a statement like this really is. The thing is though, these types of ‘suggestions’ or ‘remarks’ of his did not begin or end here, and neither did their ability to be read several different ways by several different people. And one could argue that his goal is to simply throw shit like this out there, hoping that some loon will hear it and think Trump is speaking directly to them since nobody else is doing ‘what needs to be done’, and they’ll go out and do precisely what it is Trump appears (to them) to be asking for.

Okay, so none of this is some new revelation, because we discussed all this two three years ago when remarks like this continued to surface during his campaign. But the reason I bring it up today is because of comments made by the likes of Michael Cohen during his testimony. Specifically, how Cohen describes Trump’s way of giving orders, which is that he doesn’t actually give orders, he makes suggestions and observations. He speaks in a code, and one of the main reasons Cohen continued to be his right hand man was because he “understood Trump’s code.” Here’s a very short video where Cohen says it better than I can:

So after seeing statements like Cohen’s confirm in front of Congress that when Trump wants something done, he doesn’t directly ask for it (Unless Russia specifically instructed him to ask during a televised presidential debate, haw haw haw… haw…), but instead will ‘speak in code’ to those who ‘understand the code’ and expect something to be done about it, I just don’t see how there’s much room left for doubt that Trump knows exactly what he’s doing when he puts ‘suggestions’ like this out into the public domain. Even the author of his book, Art of the Deal, says this:

Tony Schwartz, the guy who wrote [Trump’s book] The Art of the Deal, says Trump never jokes.

“I fear that an unbalanced person hears that in this inflamed environment and, God forbid, thinks that was a threat. I certainly take it as a threat, I really do, and Trump needs to apologize.”

And when told about the Wikileaks dump, Trump says this:

Trump put Stone on speakerphone as Stone relayed that he had communicated with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and that “within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign,” Cohen said. Damaging emails U.S. officials say were hacked by Russia were later released by WikiLeaks.

Trump responded by saying “wouldn’t that be great,” Cohen said.

Whether it’s at the podium in front of a crowd that may have a few loons in it hoping to prove their worth to the big man, or making his wishes known through vague statements to key goons who “understand his code,” Trump knows what he’s doing. And yea, maybe this is me having a Rubio moment, “Let’s dispel this fiction once and for all that Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing,” but the fact is that Trump has this slippery language so ingrained in him I don’t think he’s willing or able to just flip it off when he’s waxing poetic about how “nice” something might be if it ever came to pass, or how ‘somebody might do this’ as if it was something that would be justified in happening anyway.

Trump’s a life-long cheat, used to doing everything wrong to get what he wants, and all of these types of statements seem to stem from his life spent trying to distance himself just enough to avoid the blowback when it all turns to shit. And to see confirmation from his cronies that this is exactly how he does business, I hope to hell I’m around to see it when it all comes right back around and fucks him in the ass.

Lol which is why I stopped taking it. Made me too erratic.

He’s going full Kim.

Kim is a smarter, slimmer, and more competent DJT.

Plus, he just inherited a country. He didn’t have to run for office like a loser parvenu.

Again showing how well he connects with his base. “We don’t need no damn driverless cars! Or starters! Just give me something I can crank!”

Anyone remember when Ford was debating Carter and he said Poland wasn’t dominated by the Soviet Union? Some feel that lost him the election, because he sounded dumb.

Trump says things a thousand times dumber. It’s amazing.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics shown through American politics.

-xtien

“Airplanes are too complex!” wails old man who believes at least some of them are literally invisible.

Also, wasn’t he just complaining about the Dems wanting to take away the airplanes?

I do not care for him.

Well that guy may not be an airline pilot but he did stay at a Trump hotel last night.

Someone just checked out the cockpit of AF1 for the first time…