The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Exactly. I’d celebrate these spineless wretches getting their comeuppance, were it not that doing so fucks over the country.

You could easily program a chatterbot to do what Conway does (and the chatterbot would probably make more sense.) It’s remarkable that a human can bring herself to babble lies as consistently as a chatterbot day in and day out. But that’s more of a “It’s remarkable someone went ahead and made a ball of string ten yards wide” kind of a statement, not an actual skill that deserves praise.

It seems like almost every day Trump does something new that surprises and disappoints me. At this point I should not be surprised at anything, yet the guy still manages to lower the bar. Sheesh.

The flacking for Trump on talk shows is the least of what Conway did for him. She designed the ad strategy that really turned his campaign around – it was failing completely before she was brought on. Trump’s TV ads were much better than Clinton’s. After Conway was brought on to the campaign, Trump’s polls rising relative to Clinton’s became the default state-- interrupted of course when Trump flubbed a debate or made a gaffe. That was due to Conway’s polling and media strategy. More than anyone else, she got Middle America to eat Trump’s turd sandwich.

Fair enough - I was referring only to her on-air appearences.

She deserves as much respect as Trump or Pence as far as I’m concerned. These are evil fucking people that have zero empathy for fellow humans.

This is the important part of his response:

“We’re never going to be able to completely shut down the press but know that the people who report bad things about me are very dishonest. I will set the record straight by speaking directly to the American people via Twitter. All truth flows from me. Do not believe the fake news you read in the papers or see on CNN.”

There’s a billboard I see on my way up the hill to my house. The main road that runs through our area. For quite a few months it had an advertisement about Bernie supporting the California ballot proposition about prescription drugs. Right after the election it switched to a sort of generic message about Jesus, with a Bible verse on it. I’ve seen them in various places in the San Fernando Valley as I do my driving.

Today, after dropping my kid off at school, I noticed a weird change to the billboard.

On our way back from school pickup I pointed that out to my son. He immediately grabbed my phone and snapped this picture, finding it as surreal as I did.

Who does this kind of graffiti? What does this mean? It’s so weird.

-xtien

So Guiliani is in charge of Cyber Security.

The guy who seemed to be getting information from the Russians. So… yeah. I can’t get over this. We might as well just invite Putin over to the CIA and make him director.

And his site was very probably hacked this evening (sorry for the double post in the Optimism thread, obviously struggling with these thread titles).

Edit:

Also, @ChristienMurawski, that sign is amazing (as in, simultaneously horrifying and a great shot).

If there was a serious save our democracy 3rd party movement, I’d run on that platform instead of the Democrats, or try to run on both simultaneously.

Saving our institutions right now is the most important thing, more than anything I’d want policy-wise.

Holy fucking shit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuliani_Partners

[quote=“barstein, post:4136, topic:78530, full:true”]
And his site was very probably hacked this evening (sorry for the double post in the Optimism thread, obviously struggling with these thread titles).

The Best Cyber.

Yeah. Her superpower is she has no shame about lying.

I feel the same way about Trump. These people aren’t brilliant strategists filled with charisma; they don’t have any shame about repeatedly and blatantly lying.

Aragain Falls, anyway:

It is abnormal, to say the least, for a president-elect to defend his behavior by pivoting to a contrast with the candidate he defeated. But invoking Clinton served a purpose that became clear as the press conference drew on. It defined any question he disapproved of as a challenge to his legitimacy, and thus a campaign matter, and thus by definition moot. Asked about Senator Lindsey Graham’s proposal to introduce tougher sanctions on Russia, Trump harkened back to the campaign as well. “Lindsey Graham — I’ve been competing with him for a long time,” he said, “He is going to crack that 1 percent barrier one day. I didn’t realize Lindsey Graham is still at it.” Graham, of course, is not “still at it." He is governing, not running against Trump. But to Trump, any action that might challenge him is indistinguishable from a contest for power.

There are plenty of liberals that say she is good at her job.

Here is the latest article.The Dark Magic of Kellyanne Conway

Sorry to interrupt the bubble.

A bubble? Weird. I thought it was “people with different opinions having a discussion.” Shows what I know.

Satan is good at his job, too. There is still a decent bubble of folks that rail against him.

Couldn’t have been a better point to cut off that sentence with an ellipsis.

“Russia say nothing exists.”

Oh dear.

Future USA president ask us to believe something because russia say it. Despite the fact that currently Russia is a pseudo totalitarian state guided by Putin has a not-so-hidden dictator. Like I am going to take the word of a kleptocracia and trust it.

And what a stupid thing this is. I am not going to ask some criminal “Are you blackmailing this other dude” and hope to get a honest question. What a stupid mindset and logic Trump show here.