The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Scotland’s Sunday Herald.

https://twitter.com/ezlusztig/status/820668741914685441

I am a master of understanding the mind of Trump.

I’m pretty sure that says terrible things about me, but still, I totally called this one, bitches.

Please use your powers for good!

Marshall’s Law: the correct explanation of any of Trump’s actions is inevitably the stupidest.

I was thinking it is an easy time to be a comedian or headline writer in the age of Trump. But really hard time to satire cause Trump self-satirize himself. But the Sunday Herald proved me wrong. Thanks still laughing.

Trump was so endlessly entertaining, different, and, to use a word he angrily co-opted, wrong that the media could not stop obsessing over him. And throughout the campaign, respectable folks took comfort in the knowledge that Trump was too extreme, that his comments about Muslims and women and Mexicans and damn near everyone else rendered him unelectable. That turned out to be a false source of comfort. Extreme times call for extreme measures, and Trump really drove home the idea that we were living in end times, and that unless he was elected president, our country would burn to the ground and life as we know it would be over.

Insane Clown Posse has similarly benefited from our inherent fascination with extremes, and with people who break the mold in new and interesting ways. They are an extreme duo who appeal to extreme fans. These fans think nothing of covering their bodies with tattoos of Insane Clown Posse iconography or traveling halfway across the country to spend four days doing drugs and hanging out with other similarly tattooed people.

Trump supporters are juggalos are indeed pretty much the same.

So capitalism and free markets are obviously a failure, that much both our parties agree on now.

Everyone was worried he would start trade war with China. Jokes on them, it’s a trade war with EVERYONE.

I’m not sure why people are surprised by this. To the extent there was any coherent policy expressed during his campaign beyond “stop immigration by non-whites”, it was imposing tariffs on imports, especially those that compete with US industry.

Well his argument was “China and Mexico cheat”. Not “Germany also cheats. As does Japan. Basically everyone everywhere cheats by doing a better job.”

In the end all that matters if that Republicans and their friends get rich. There is no ideology, there are no morals. There is only Trump.

Well, he said China cheated, specifically through currency manipulation (and maybe steel dumping, I’m not sure). I don’t recall him saying the same about Mexico, just that they got a better deal in trade negotiations.

And everytime I pointed this out to Republicans, and how this was pretty much as anti-republican as it could get… they were like, “DERP BUT EMAILS”.

Trump is the Zuul of foreign and domestic policy.

Or maybe the marshmallow man… a fat white guy from new york bent on destroying everything.

Crowley is out.

You’d hope that if plagiarism is enough to deny someone a post then being a terrible person (Sessions) or having every incentive to sell out the country’s interests to a foreign power (Tillerson) would be too. But I’m not holding my breath.

Didn’t the Obama administration put a lot of cases in front of the WTO (which is a bit of an American thing… though) against China throughout their 8 year period, and one of the last one I believe was related to Currency Manipulation something-something. So not only Trump saying this :)

I mean, they most assuredly manipulate their currency. That’s been known for a long time now.

When even the King of Hell drops out of the Trump administration, you know it is bad.

Oh, not that Crowley?

Ha! This made me laugh pretty hard.