The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Hopefully junior is his food tester.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/upheaval-is-now-standard-operating-procedure-inside-the-white-house/2017/02/13/d65dee58-f213-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html

Upset about damaging leaks of his calls with world leaders and other national security information, Trump has ordered an internal investigation to find the leakers. Staffers, meanwhile, are so fearful of being accused of talking to the media that some have resorted to a secret chat app — Confide — that erases messages as soon as they’re read.

The chaos and competing factions that were a Trump trademark in business and campaigning now are starting to define his presidency, according to interviews with a dozen White House officials as well as other Republicans. Most spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss internal White House dynamics and deliberations.

Some senior officials are worried about their own standing with the president, who through his casual conversations with friends and associates sometimes seems to hint that a shake-up could come at a moment’s notice. Aides said they strive to avoid appearing “weak” or “low­ energy” — two of Trump’s least favorite attributes.

Staffers buzz privately about who is up and who is down, with many eagerly gossiping about which poor colleague gets an unflattering portrayal on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.” For the past two weeks, it has been White House press secretary Sean Spicer. But aides said Trump was especially upset by a sketch that cast White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon as the Grim Reaper manipulating the president — who was ultimately relegated to a miniature desk, playing dolefully with an expandable toy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-department-warned-white-house-that-flynn-could-be-vulnerable-to-russian-blackmail-officials-say/2017/02/13/fc5dab88-f228-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html

Flynn resigned Monday night in the wake of revelations about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

A senior Trump administration official said before Flynn’s resignation that the White House was aware of the matter, adding that “we’ve been working on this for weeks.”

There is so much fucking horrible shit in this administration that I don’t remember which specific things Flynn is responsible for.

I know there’s the call with Russia before inauguration which he lied about, and I know his son is directly responsible for “Pizzagate”. What is everything else I’m forgetting?

Mainly that he is fucking owned by the Russians. He attended parties with Putin, and did shit on RT, I believe.

Right, stuff like this.

I mean… Trump is openly looking at classified info in a public dining room while people take pictures of him and the guy carrying the nuclear football. His people run private email servers. Literally everything Clinton was ever accused of he’s doing right now and then some and no one’s said shit. I’m pretty sure he could hire Snowden or Manning and people would just smile and nod.

Well he shouldn’t inject himself with polonium from a Russian reactor then.

https://twitter.com/VABVOX/status/828579551613689859

As Trump keeps tweeting about it, remember it was ONLY a week ago #SallyYates was fired for asserting what 27 judges have since ruled.

Gee, where could those leaks be coming from. It’s like the President has been conducting foreign policy in the middle of a public restaurant or something!

I don’t know, Donald, why don’t you ask your waitstaff and random guests, or the staffers who were pointing cameraphones at your documents?

Oh NOW he cares about leaks and security. Not when it’s the nation’s problem, but when it makes him look bad.

Back to #HandShakeGate for a moment, this article:

I’d quote the best part, but the whole thing is the best part.

Discord is telling me Timex posted it 18 hours ago. I’m reposting it. Because it’s that important.

Patraeus would have zero issues getting confirmed. Republicans confirmed an Education Secretary that is literally the least qualified person to ever hold the position, so they would easily hand-wave away General Patraeus’ “mishandling” of documents as an experience he learned from and that makes him all the more sensitive to the handling of classified materials in the future. Then they would tout his experience and qualifications for the position (which admittedly are very good) and wave him on through.

Conservative Republicans have literally completely wiped the list of things they found so objectionable in Clinton from their collective minds now that they’re in control. Unsecure emails and phones? Cozying up to Wall Street? Questions of business/charity organizations and ethics? Getting Americans overseas killed? Nepotism in the White House? Ties to and influence from foreign interests? Apparently none of that matters now that they’ve won and are in control. It is good to be the king President.

I’m curious what conservative media even has to talk about these days? They’ve spent 8+ years building on the outrage of all the injustices heaped upon them by the Obama Administration, and the Trump Administration can literally do no wrong, even when obvious evidence to the contrary exists. I guess they’ve spent the past couple of months railing against the “paid protestors” and “cry-baby libtards who can’t get over the fact that they lost” while also still worrying daily about the twin boogeymen of Moose Lambs and Mexicans.

Hmmm…Moose Lambs and Mexicans is a great name for a Broadway show…

Especially since the National Security Adviser doesn’t need Senate approval.

The unfair slandering of Trump, of course.

Isn’t this the party that believes that criminals can’t be rehabilitated?

They also believe everyone can be instantly redeemed if they just say Jesus a couple times.

The Doublethink is strong with them.

Yes, which leads to my statements below that about the entire party having complete double standards on everything they went after Clinton on.

I’m astounded today that Flynn has actually resigned. I figured we’d be in for a long back and forth about how what he did wasn’t all that bad and a lot of hand waving, so there must be something even more damning that hasn’t come to light, most likely including direct links back to Trump during the campaign, and by not fighting this they’re trying to make it go away. Where are the chants of “Lock him up!”? Oh yeah, those will never come, even if it’s Trump on the hot seat and even if he’s done something so horrific it’s lead directly to the deaths of Americans through a national security breech.

I think they were boxed into a corner by the earlier Pence statement. Either Pence lied, or they let Flynn get away with lying to Pence. Neither looks good. So throw Flynn under the bus.

lol Flynn is not getting thrown under a bus. He’s getting off extremely light if this is all that happens.

What CharlesC said. He’s going to be rewarded handsomely I’m sure.

-xtien