The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Domestic abuse isn’t something you just go cold turkey on.

The enemies of the American People are not my enemies.

Edit: Also apparently Joe is beyond fed up.

Looks like Trump stopped taking Joe’s phone calls.

In those early days Morning Joe probably did more than any other to normalize and enable Trump, so it’s a little god damn late Joe. Trump is acting and doing the same exact things he did during the campaign that you excused away over and over.

140 character limit in Donald blacklist

So the “good news” is that he’s expanding to include NBC/ABC/CBS instead of just NYT and CNN. So maybe the networks will turn up the heat on him in response.

(And yeah, why isn’t WaPo on his go-to enemies list, I wonder? They’ve actually been better at anti-Trump journalism over the last year than NYT has.)

Twitter is the enemy of the American people for not letting Trump name all of his enemies!

What a good guy.

America already has a ‘Winter White House’. We call it ‘The White House’.

nepotism done in a unsubtle way

I feel like Discourse is going to embed the joke, but I’m willing to risk it.

Huh, nope. Click through, it’s a quick read, I promise.

Thank you. That was tasteful, and inspiring.

He literally can’t make it a day without lying.

Well that’s horrifying.

New Loyalty. Stop talking defending and serving that Constitution and the nation and start talking about serving me.

I saw no joke here. Disappointed, but yet full.

(edit: via)

“You set aside all your personal emotions and become the speaker yourself. It’s a really tough thing, not being allowed to demonstrate your own judgment about what is right and what is wrong. And that’s why I quit.”

Torikai said she was sympathetic with interpreters who struggled with such ambivalence toward Trump’s language. But nonetheless, she is adamant Trumpese “neither be beautified nor be upgraded.”

“If Trump is not making sense, you don’t get to make sense, either. If his language is coarse, that’s the way you translate him,” she said.

Aside from just translating tweets, K・T-san has also put together summaries of Trump’s policies and and lists some of Trump’s most frequently used words and their meanings.

When asked if translating the tweets has helped with his English, K・T-san responded that he’s learned a lot of useful expressions. He’s also gained an interest in politics, and he’s gotten many words of thanks from Japanese people for his work with the translation, which are a huge support. As of this writing, he has over 60,000 followers, and that number just gets higher every day.

One aspect in particular that makes K・T-san’s translations so colorful is his commitment to conveying Trump’s casual language. For example, when Trump uses “you” to address the American people, K・T-san translates it as “anatagata,” a very polite “you all.” But when Trump says “you” referring to a someone he doesn’t like, K・T-san translates it is “aitsura” (an impolite “those guys”) or “omae” (an impolite “you”), words that Japanese politicians would almost never use.

K・T-san has said that he will continue to translate the tweets for as long as possible. He plans to study international economics at college and wants to use the English he’s learned in projects all around the world.

exactly

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/833109003160924160
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/833118670557675522

¯\_(ツ)_/¯