The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

The man has a positively astonishing ability to use hundreds of words while saying absolutely nothing.

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.

• “War Propaganda”, in volume 1, chapter 6 of Mein Kampf (1925), by Adolf Hitler

hashtagdailygodwin (Relevant WaPo link; embed didn’t work)

Side note: Hitler’s comment is reminiscent of this old chestnut attributed to Calvin Coolidge.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and Determination alone are omnipotent.

They’re both correct, of course.

Who is the spokesman for who?

Look at the bright side. It’s not Alex Jones forging U.S. foreign policy. Maybe. Yet.

Jones is sure to be Trump’s nominee for National Director of Demon Sniffing.

You just had to look in the mirror and say his name three times didn’t you?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/833717902410973187

I disagree with the first point, based on the fact that I think the statement was vague in the extreme. Thus, I consider the second point invalid. If you’re going to compare that with Trump’s dodging, you should have spelt out the issue better.

I wholly agree with this though. There is no benefit in trying to hide problems, they should be tackled instead. However it’s a sad fact that most of the times when someone says “we need to talk about the problems” it’s usually some far-right agenda, where it’s quickly followed by some myth about roving bands of immigrant criminals ruining the country. It leads to argument fatigue, and makes at least me less likely to engage in those kind of discussions. But if anyone wants to have a serious discussion about those issues, I suggest to start a new thread for it, because this is going quickly off topic.

I’m familiar with that article. I think it comes a bit short of ‘forging.’ But maybe not. It’s a brave new world!

Ha! Yeah, I was just giving you crap about summoning the demon.

I would sincerely hope that the rest of the Administration would draw the line at giving Alex Jones any sort of real influence in Washington. Then again, who knows? If they did, it would be interesting to see how pissed off all the other conservative talk radio/TV/media people would get. If it causes the conservative media machine to start eating itself, maybe it would be worth it?

Guess I’m not alone in thinking Trump was half-assing it.

Edit: And of course Spicer had to be a victim because that’s the MO of this admin about everything,.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/sean-spicer-snaps-at-anne-frank-center-trump-condemns-hate-and-its-never-good-enough-for-them/

How long til we get a statement from Trump about the great work Anne Frank does?

I wonder if he thinks she’s still alive, like Frederick Douglass…

His vocabulary is so limited. He must not know what “tremendous” means.

Ugh:

Maybe I am naive politically… I mean, I know I am naive, but these omissions of anti-semitism has a thing that exist in the real world mean to me that they want the support of racist and white-suprematist people. They themselves maybe are not racist, but they want to avoid losing votes from racist by mentioning anti-semitism has a bad thing.

Trump and his team know exactly who his most fervent supporters are.

That is certainly true – it’s why Trump hemmed and hawed about David Duke, for example.

He might be personally prejudiced against African Americans in a vague way – Central Park jogger, Bensonhurst, all that stuff from the '80s was in his developmental wheelhouse, plus the '70s case which suggests he had some kind of “there goes then neighborhood” instinct – but mainly I think he’s Trumpist. There’s him, and there’s the people who are nice to him, and then there’s everybody else.

But of course:

President Donald Trump’s former campaign staffers claim they cracked the code for tamping down his most inflammatory tweets, and they say the current West Wing staff would do well to take note.

The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.

The most powerful man in the world needs to be coddled like an infant.

No, it’s worse than that. He’s a petulant toddler whose parents give him whatever he wants to stop his whining.