The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

What the FUCK does Omarosa even do?

I guess it looks good for Trump to have her attend this, even tough she is nothing more than a sycophantic PR stooge?

This seems like a lose / lose for everybody? Is this part of Bannon’s goal of destroying the entire government?

If the GOP want to change the ACA or AHCA, they should ignore Trump, let him take the hit, work with Dems to figure out something they would support, pass it, then overturn Trump’s veto. When it comes to protecting their political advantage, I have no doubt the GOP will turn on Trump in a heartbeat (though oddly they haven’t done it yet).

Token black person

Impossible. There can be no bipartisan effort for something as big as this. Both bases wouldn’t allow it to happen.

The problem is that’s what the ACA was - a compromise solution that embraced conservative approaches to providing health care. And they demonized it. There isn’t a way to fix it that’s not either 1) put more money into the existing program or 2) move to an approach that is less in alignment with conservative principles. So… yeah. Good luck getting either of those things through the house.

I need the Discourse LIKE feature turned on so badly right now…in the meantime, have a Luke…

I know it’s the intersection of nerdiness and Trumpian politics, but I’m tickled by #GOPdnd.

What the heck, there’s no way to subscribe to a specific hashtag? You have to do it manually like a peasant? What’s the point of hashtags other than John Oliver-style snark then??

If you use a Twitter client like Hootsuite, you can set up searches that serve that purpose.

Yesterday Trump went to Trump National Golf Course in Virginia. The White House said Trump wasn’t there to play golf - rather he was there to have “meetings.” The press pool reporter kept asking who these “meetings” were with, but got no reply. Then someone posted a picture of Trump at the clubhouse on Instagram … wearing golf shoes. Which the pool reporter instantly picked up on:

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/845732033305481216

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/845765039504134144

Note to Russian spies in DC - the White House can’t even cover up a golf game. Time to lawyer up!

The golf cover up thing is hilarious. That springs from an exchange Spicer had last week where people were pressing him on the golf thing as his defense was that Trump’s golf is different than Obama’s golf because Obama’s golf was him being lazy while Trump’s golf is him being productive. A sane person would realize the golf thing was becoming an issue and back off a bit but Trump of course immediately planned another golf trip and they were forced to declare it as a highly productive weekend of secret meetings.

Their own narratives paint them into awkward corners.

That is so out there it is unfathomable to be something even Drumpf would do… did he really do that?

This is amazing. Trump went to Trump National again today (Sunday) for “meetings.” He stayed 33 minutes and then went back to the White House.

While he was at these “meetings” someone snapped a picture of him … watching golf on TV.

Workin’ hard there, Donny.

In light of how he railed on Obama for golfing, the only way any of this makes sense is if Trump’s entire presidency is just a colossal troll – a sort of act of governmental performance art. As if Andy Kaufman had been given the White House.