The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Absolutely, and Trump clearly had no good reason. It sounds like he didn’t even realize he was doing anything wrong. He’s just an idiot.

We need to rethink damned near all of our traditions because we can’t count on them anymore.

We need to write hundreds of new laws because the next person might not be a complete idiot and we know we can’t trust the system to protect us without them.

Way to go, Bibi. Support Republicans so blatantly and this is what you get.

John Kasich is not missing his opportunity to say “I told you so”.

No briefing tomorrow, but on Thursday @4:00pm EST there will be a press conference with POTUS and Santos (President of Colombia), and presumably they will be taking questions. Guidance for the Joint Press Conference with President Donald J. Trump and the President of Colombia, Juan Manuel Santos

Then on Friday, POTUS will be accompanied by Jared, Ivanka, Bannon, Priebus, Cohn, Powell, Miller, Spicer, Tillerson and McMaster (and others) on an 11-day, five-country tour. KellyAnne is staying behind and holding the fort. “The first two stops of his trip are Saudi Arabia and Israel, where Trump is extremely popular and expected to receive a warm greeting.”

Unless, of course, something else comes up betweeen now and then.

Because of course he does…

If Trump and his cronies come tumbling down in the next few months, it’s going to be interesting to see how the GOP tries to cushion themselves from blame. Initially, there’s going to be a lot of push-back. They’ll say that any impeachment campaign is a partisan effort, etc. Then, it’s going to turn into efforts to re-frame the support for Trump as a more general advocacy for the American voters that wanted to see real change. Finally, we’re going to see a lot of “I was always against Trump!” backed by old soundbites and footage of interviews from the primaries when the GOP was vocally against Trump.

It’s going to be up to folks to remain vigilant and be willing to look at the post-primary and post-election behavior of their congressional reps.

I watched that, and I got the distinct impression this was the start of a Kasich 2020 push. And no, that wasn’t a typo in the year.

Kasich would be a good president, although I think perhaps he would be well paired with a democratic congress.

Fixed that for ya ;) (all love - I respect your views on him, just disagree)

He would be much better than most Republican candidates. But the Democrats would have to put up some sort of Trump candidate before I’d vote for him.

This will go well.

Is it too much to hope that, while he’s gone, Air Force One just turns around and leaves him in Riyadh?

I’d rather they leave him in R’yleh.

I predict that in 2020 there will be more than one “Republican” candidate in the general election, each with the support of a different sub-set of state parties (resulting from one faction questioning the legitimacy of the RNC-run national convention). That’s the way I think the realignment of Republican politics will go.

I respect Kasich a lot for actually fighting for his vision for the Republican party. I miss that Republican Party. That’s the party I used to support some of the time during the 90s. It would be great if him and others like him could be successful at making us an actual two party country again with two viable parties that happen to have two different solutions for problems like global warming, health care, poverty, income inequality, etc.

The crazy thing is that now, anyone who follows Trump and is at all reasonable, well, they will look like a saint due to the contrast effect. I expect a “normal” Republican candidate who has no Trump ties or endorsement to dredge up would quickly win back all those Independents who are horrified by Trumpism. The Republicans can bounce back from this, if they act quickly enough.

Maybe. I wasn’t happy when he said we should make a surgical strike against N. Korea to take out their leadership. That’s starting a war. And there’s a good chance it doesn’t work.

That’s my worry too. They might lose a few hardcore alt-right votes like the Democrats lost some Bernie Bro votes, but they would mostly be ok.