The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Oh man, lol. That’s perfect.

Sometimes you really have to wonder how something like this happens.

Event Planner: …and then, Mr. President, you’ll put your hand on the globe. It will light up, and we’ll have a nice photo op.

Trump: It’s gonna light up? From below?

Event Planner: Is there a problem?

Trump: Lighting from below - that’s for bad guys, right? Like Frankenstein? Or the Jerker or whatever that guy is on Batman? And putting my hand on the globe, that’s like what a Bond bad guy would do.

Event Planner: Oh no, Mr. President! This is nothing like that. This is very avant-garde, very chic.

Trump: No way. I’m not …

Event Planner: And we’re supposed to ship exactly the same globe to Rupert Murdoch next week. He was very excited about it. But I suppose we could cancel …

Trump: Murdoch, huh? No, we’ll do it. Now I’m gonna go get some ice cream.

Event Planner (whispering to workers): I think he bought it. Get the memes ready. Hail Eris!

Hilarious as these pictures are, what is this globe thing?

A high level of security theater where we dont even pretend anymore and people copy movies with props

A gimmick in a cheesy opening ceremony:

In reality, the president was inaugurating the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology in Riyadh, alongside the Saudi king and Egyptian president, in a ceremony that felt more like the opening credits for the game show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.”

Trailed by a sea of people in suits and head coverings, the three men walked on a wide red carpet into a dark room. A bright spotlight illuminated them as they surrounded the glowing glass the size of a kickball.

When the trio placed their palms to it, a white runway suddenly lit up, revealing dozens of men sitting behind computers at small cubicles. There was more dramatic music and applause. Even the first lady got in on the action.

Thanks!

That… was almost the worst plausible explanation I could imagine. At least it’s (supposed to be) for a good cause.

A photoshopist’s wet dream.

Seriously though, I love how the Saudi guy in the middle is all “Yeeeesh, maybe this is bad optics?”, while Trump is in full GimmeGimmeGimmeGimme mode.

I swear, Netanyahu can’t even look at Trump while he is saying that because he’s thinking what a damned idiot he is. Pretty much confirms that Israel was the source. We know that, but should we be getting confirmation from POTUS?

Holy fucking shit.

WOW

She really does hate him, doesn’t she?

Utter contempt.

#WeAreAllMelania

I bet she figured that she could just be the trophy wife in private, planning for the day when his poor diet and lack of exercise would give him a heart attack. Wait an extra 10 before calling the ambulance, then live the comfortable life.

Being a public figure probably screwed that up royally. It probably also jeopardized the ill gotten gains that her and Barron were set to inherit by putting those back room deals with Putin cronies under public scrutiny.

I’m not sure which parts of that are the joke, TBH.

At first, when the early stuff about Melania looking away from Trump or giving him the stink eye showed up on the internet, I just thought it was people reading into stuff. Everyone has bad days or gets aggravated by long press junkets and standing out in the rain/hot sun. Additionally, Melania obviously didn’t want to be The First Lady. She seemed content to be Mrs. Trump, hosting gala fund-raisers, stepping out in fashion, and living the Manhattan ultra-rich life.

The more I see of Melania’s interaction with Donald, the more I’m coming around on that. That’s clearly not just them missing each other’s grasp. She’s flicking his hand away at best in annoyance.

My most generous reading of that interaction: she thought PDA in a country like Saudi Arabia might not be looked upon kindly?

That is from Israel, today, and next to Trump the Netanyahus are both holding hands.

Yep, same with me. I was thinking “Puuuhhhhh-leeaaze” when people said she was a captive or something. She’s so obviously complicit with everything and wants that life. But I’ve definitely come around on the rest of it. She certainly hates him.

Ah

Well

Never mind!

You can actually see Netanyahu’s fucking brain melting in the video as Trump openly says Israel in his attempt to say he didn’t say Israel.