The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Trump’s “event” never ends.
There is no comparison to Bush.

Bush is now likable.
Trump is not, was not and never will be likable. And if he somehow travels through time, he would will not ever never eventually have not ever been be liked, likable.

I don’t get it. Is it a 9/11 thing? I can’t think of another NEVER FORGET reference.

““Never forget” long ago entered the lexicon, in relation to the Holocaust. It has now been reassigned to 9/11, where it is likely to remain.”
http://nymag.com/news/9-11/10th-anniversary/never-forget/

That’s a good essay, and I get now that “never forget” once applied to the Holocaust, I guess… but I still don’t get how what Trump wrote is offensive. Sorry, I may just be too young?

I am definitely obtuse too though, so it could be that.

I presume people think Trump doesn’t know the phrase related to the Holocaust either, and he wrote he “won’t forget” his visit to the museum like it’s a Yelp review.

Yes. His close advisors have stated that he didn’t act so dumb in private, and some have speculated that his public persona was shaped by an upbringing that frowned on smartypants show-offs.

He recently did an interview with Kimmel while promoting his new book, and seemed a lot more clever than he did when he was president.

Sad trombone

I thought we always knew Carrier wasn’t keeping all of their jobs in the US, even after Trump’s deal?

Yeah, sorry. I know it as a comment that old Jewish people used when I was a kid. As well I had seen it in a rather unusual way when I was 21. I was working in a restaurant in Detroit. Farrell’s. I had started as a waiter there. At the time I was reading a book Called The Iron Dream by Norm Spinrad.

So one day I go get my book from the back and on the first page was NEVER AGAIN!!! carved into the book with a pen. Hard and deep. Angry.

Okay the version I was reading maybe didn’t make it clear that it wasn’t a Nazi tract. It was actually a not so well written alternate reality thing. But I got pissed off. In my mind you don’t deface a book. So I asked around. Eventually the assistant manager named David Rosenthal admitted that he had done it. We had a talk and he understood that it was, indeed a screed against the Nazi ideal. Honestly, I brought it home and never finished it. I was apologetic that I had upset him. He apologized for defacing my book.

It’s a very charged concept. Long before 9/11. My experience was in 1977. And it still stands.

Thanks for the story! :)

Even if it’s a few weeks old and might have suffered a little in the translation, the May 2 Trump Deterte transcript, confirmed by a senior WH official to be accurate, is full to the brim with WTFs & Trumpisms. Should sustain you until the next debacle.

He was a cool guy. He brought his TRS-80 to work and let us play that “Star Trek” game. We figured out how to make E (the starting ship energy) equal 100 instead of I think 30. It made us very powerful So he put in a string that said something like >30 equals self destruct. So we would “hack the code”. Then when the game started we would explode.

I haven’t read The Iron Dream, but Norman Spinrad wrote some seriously crazy shit. The Void Captain’s Tale has to be one of the weirdest things I’ve ever read. Like Michael Moorcock level deranged.

Shannon Watts‏ (@shannonrwatts): I watched this for 30 minutes… President of Tajikistan prepared for this handshake like Rocky prepared to box Ivan Drago.

https://twitter.com/a_imanaliev/status/866950468483854336

Edit: Sorry, you’ll just have to click the link to watch Trump get out-handshaked by Emomali Rahmon. It’s just a short loop, but man is it satisfying. I tried to include the animated GIF here but even converted and resized, it’s too big.

He’s probably thinking: “I’ve actually worked in my life, try to tug it again you draft-dodging pussy.”

He just wants to be accepted by murderers so badly that he can’t help himself.

Hahahahahahaha.

“We have two submarines — the best in the world.”

But Trump, you say that about everything. We have started to think you have replaced normal punctuation marks by these words. Stop, you are killing sarcasm.