The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

https://twitter.com/PresVillain

It’s a mystery.

Red skull is way too competent to be a believable Trump.

I wasn’t sure if the Director of CIA, UN Ambassador, Director of OMB etc. count as cabinet members. They aren’t in the line of succession which officially ends with Sec. of Homeland Security. You are right about the Congress, but I think after 3 weeks of not having to put up with Trump’s drama the Congress would go along happily.

Like he ever gave a fuck about those who have served. He probably calls WW2 vets losers for not getting out of it.

Here’s Trump stealing money from kids with cancer.

Because he can get his family’s golf course for free and have most of the other costs donated, virtually all the money contributed will go toward helping kids with cancer. “We get to use our assets 100% free of charge,” Trump tells Forbes.

That’s not the case. In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it’s clear that the course wasn’t free–that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-furious-and-frustrated-will-join-allies-in-attacking-comey-testimony/2017/06/06/171e6d00-4acf-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

“He’s infuriated at a deep-gut, personal level that the elite media has tolerated [the Russia story] and praised Comey,” former House speaker Newt Gingrich said. “He’s not going to let some guy like that smear him without punching him as hard as he can.”

This account of Trump’s mind-set and the preparations of his team in the run-up to Comey’s testimony is based on interviews with 20 White House officials, Trump friends and other senior Republicans, many of whom spoke only on the condition of anonymity to offer candid perspectives.

The president’s lawyers and aides have been urging him to resist engaging, and they hope to keep him busy Thursday with other events meant to compete for his — and the news media’s — attention.

“The president’s going to have a very, very busy day,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said. “I think his focus is going to be on pursuing the agenda and the priorities that he was elected to do.”

Apparently Sessions has offered to resign.

From some reports, it seems like it may or may not have been today, and there’s uncertainty on how serious it was.

Nothing concrete on that just yet, so far as I can tell. I’m trying to ignore it for now so I don’t get my hopes up too much. But it’s from this:

Asked by ABC News if the attorney general had threatened or offered to resign, Justice Department spokesperson Sarah Isgur Flores declined to comment.

Meanwhile, White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked today if the president still has confidence in his attorney general. He could not say.

“I have not had that discussion with him,” Spicer said.

“So you can’t say if he has confidence in his attorney general?” Spicer was asked.

Spicer responded: “I said I have not had a discussion with him on the question. I don’t, If I haven’t had a discussion about a subject, I tend not to speak about it.”

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/872257074339520513
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/872257213531803648
https://twitter.com/thedoh/status/872257333933613058

“deconstruction of the administrative state”

There’s no plan or anything to this.

Here’s what is happening:
Trump has no idea what he’s doing. He is not competent.
This is resulting in him fucking up, over and over again, in increasingly major ways.
Trump has never, and will never, take responsibility for his own failures.
Thus, people go under the bus. And as his fuckups grow more immense, more and more people will go under the bus, as Trump seeks to divert blame away from himself in any way possible, because he is psychologically incapable of accepting his own faults.
But this causes him to lash out at everyone, including anyone who in fact knows what is going on… which puts him into a position of being increasingly misinformed… which causes him to fuck up more… which causes him to lash out at everyone who knows anything more.

He’s in a cycle of total melt down.

Well, no plan by Trump at least.

But the reality is that he could fire the entire Justice Department tomorrow and there isn’t anything we could do about it.

He could, but eventually the GOP will be forced to acknowledge what is already so obvious.

I have some bad news…

Sessions is a true believer in alt-rightism, and one of the few competent (if thoroughly evil) people on Team Trump.

If he goes, the person who will perform his duties (assuming that, as with the FBI, Trump can’t get his act together to get a replacement nominated) will be some career bureaucrat with no loyalty to Trump, and no interest in Trump’s “principles.”

Now, this may very well be part of Bannon’s master plan to deconstruct the administrative state. That doesn’t mean it isn’t, like everything else associated with Trump, a really, really stupid and really, really badly executed plan.

Maybe he could on paper. Without Sessions, he can’t in reality. And this is why: he doesn’t know how. I mean that quite literally. Trump doesn’t know how the Justice Department works. He doesn’t know who its employees are. He doesn’t know how to draft an order firing everybody that would actually stand up (he can’t directly fire people in civil service positions, for example. He can only downsize their departments - and that has to go through Congress.) He doesn’t even know who to call to find out these things and make these things happen.

Apart from Sessions, the only person who speaks to Trump regularly who is in fact capable of doing this is Preibus - and by all accounts Preibus is right under Sessions on Trump’s shit list.

He can just tell them on Twitter.

He knows how to fire people and there are mechanisms in place to execute those orders if he makes them.

There is nothing keeping him from chain firing directors and acting directors until he gets the sycophant he wants other than a Congress that has already shown anything he does is fine.