The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I hate to say it but at this point, Duterte or Judgefloro is more eloquent than Trump.

Whoops, I tripped and broke our democracy!

Canada. Canada.

“The fact that our friend and ally has come to question the very worth of its mantle of global leadership puts in sharper focus the need for the rest of us to set our own clear and sovereign course,” she told the House of Commons on Tuesday. “To say this is not controversial: It is a fact.”

And an editorial:

“Far from seeing trade as a zero-sum game, we believe in trading relationships that benefit all parties,” she maintained, adding, “we believe in the WTO and will continue our work to make it stronger.” Again, these words were clearly directed at Mr. Trump, who has called the World Trade Organization “a disaster” and threatens to withdraw the United States from it.

This may be the bluntest repudiation of Mr. Trump and his policies yet delivered by a Western government, and it is high-risk. Ms. Freeland’s address is, in effect, a promise to Canada’s European and Asian allies that we are with them, not with the Americans. Mr. Trump may well lump Canada in with everyone else when he seeks to impose tariffs or other punishments.

But the Liberals no longer seem to care. They have decided that the only solution to dealing with Mr. Trump is to wait him out.

For the first time in our country’s history, Canada’s foreign policy is essentially opposed to the foreign policy of the United States. Who would have thought we would live in such times?

A D.C. lobbying firm for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has paid the Trump International Hotel almost $270,000 for lodging, catering, and parking, according to new foreign lobbying disclosures

The payments, first reported by The Daily Caller, were from Qorvis MSLGroup, a lobbying firm hired by the Saudis to oppose the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act, bipartisan legislation that allows Americans to sue foreign governments over terrorist attacks. The bill survived a veto from then-President Barack Obama.

The payments were made between November 2016 and February 2017, reports the Wall Street Journal, with the bulk of payments made as Donald Trump was president-elect, and others made after he was sworn into office.

This will be our saving grace. The announcement about privatizing air traffic controllers is a perfect example. That was part of his Infrastructure Week, right? And all he knows how to do is sign a memo! Seems to me that’s all the progress that’s going to made taking air traffic controllers out from under the FAA.

Pretty much all he knows how to do is bloviate, sign stuff, and fire people.

-Tom

Why is air even regulated? regulations are bad.

Instate a “First come first serve” rule for air control and fire all air controllers.

/s

We don’t need no stinking regulations. The invisible hand of the market (and God) can sort it out!

Been there. Done that.

is this how the plane takes off?

That and lots of prayer.

Well, only if it’s on a conveyor belt.

Well put.

Nicely put @Timex. If you don’t mind I’ll be quoting you in other fora.

Wow, that’s a blast from the past. Now if I could only work in a picture of a creepy kid staring out a window…

Well there probably isn’t a Trump property there either so how would he have known?

And this is acceptable somehow to the GOP stalwarts.

Hey, he’s just new to all this “running the most powerful nation in the history of the fucking world” stuff.

I don’t know if this was what you’re referencing, but that is basically exactly the defense: