The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

He isn’t saying anything my family wasn’t parading around in glee yesterday. They claim Trump has been given a clean slate, and any scrutiny aimed at him going forward just amounts to harassment.

Doesn’t matter how low the polls get, they’ll probably never reach 0% if the people I know are still alive.

Sure, but Trump himself never was and I don’t think anyone ever thought otherwise; people in his campaign are still under scrutiny (and/or legal jeopardy) and now so is he for possible obstruction charges. trump and his cultists can dance naked around an orange moon all they want, doesn’t change the truth nor the fact that the (former) head of the FBI called him a liar under oath.

And yes, republicans will stand by him. I have no illusions trump is getting impeached and removed from office. He’s here for four years absent his resignation and the damage he and his party will inflict will be enormous. But Republicans are all in and if enough people vote in 2018/2020 … guess we’ll see.

Edit: Erick son of Erick weighs in

It’s true. Republicans will stand by Trump. But Trump shouldn’t break out the balloons - because the number of Republicans is falling, thanks to him:

What I really like about this graph is that you can see people jumping on the Trump bandwagon after the election to get on the winning team - and then immediately saying “Nope!” and jumping back off.

It’s got to be enough to overcome gerrymandering, which looks like it may be coming. A seven point gap overall doesn’t seem like enough though, not with the surgical precision with which the maps have been drawn.

Sure … but the next election is 17 months of Trump tantrums away.

Oh lordy!

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/president-trump-birthday-card/

[quote]
On June 14, 2017, President Trump will turn 71, and I need your help to make it a birthday my husband will never forget.

Our celebrations always include family and close friends.

You have certainly proven yourself to be a loyal friend of my husband through your support of his positive vision to Make America Great Again and your unwavering commitment to the Republican Party.

Please, join me in celebrating Donald’s 71st birthday by signing the card before the deadline, 9:00 PM on June 14, 2017.

And to make it even more special, be sure to include your personal message.

Chris, Donald will be glad to hear from friends like you who have meant so much to his and our Party’s success.

So please, take a moment to sign the President’s birthday card. Your support and kind wishes mean so much to our family.

Warmly,
Melania Trump[/quote]

Is it wrong that the “Warmly” just makes me cackle maniacally?

I mean I could make some iced tea with the “warmth” coming off that thing.

The way I heard it this morning, he feels “vindicated” about firing Comey. Which makes sense, given that it would be bizarre, even for Trump, to simultaneous complain that the testimony was both full of lies and absolved him of wrongdoing.

Timex that’s dangerously close to the rabid baying of animals! :-P

I’m just giving him advice!

I’m kinda glad my birthday card message was just going to be FUCK YOU! after seeing Timex’ reply. ;)

You guys all have this wrong. He wanted to make America GRATE again. The worst part is, if people did start to riot en Masse, and there was significant bloodshed, I’m not sure that would be enough to stop this madness.

All this talk of bloodshed and civil war scares me. The ones who have been practicing are probably not Democrats.

Between this and that vox post about how the GOP is just a bunch of cynical realpolitik bastards I’m feeling very uncheerful.

Edit: one more thing. All this talk of special prosecutor and whatever. Even if there is a tape with Ivanka explicitly exchanging favors with Putin it would still take the GOP Congress to impeach the President? You can 1) impeach 2) have the cabinet remove 3) hope they lose control of Congress in 2018. Since the first two won’t happen, everything is just show business to sway a couple of people who are going to be swayed. The people who are already convinced he is a bad President such as me just get their blood pressure raised. 4) I guess technically he can give orders and people choose not to follow them.

I don’t think that’s ENTIRELY true. If the GOP becomes convinced the ship is sinking, they might panic. I don’t know what that would take. The President’s approval dropping below 30? Losing some interims? It isn’t like they are getting anything major done despite controlling everything.

But this is part of the problem with appointing a special prosecutor. It’s like the entire investigation is starting over.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/872758157436743680