The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Re. Twitter threads:

Sorry to reply to posts from a couple of months ago, and it’s a bit off-topic, but when I read these originally I started wondering how difficult it would be to write something to gather Twitter threads into something more manageable. So I wrote a web app that takes a tweet’s URL, and will try to give you the whole thread as plain text so you can copy and paste it more easily:

https://www.dscho.com/threadbare/

It will only work with Twitter threads / tweetstorms that are written as a series of replies - i.e. they show as a thread on the Twitter website (of course, now I come back to post this I notice that the tweets @Strollen posted originally are all standalone tweets, so it wouldn’t have helped there anyway!)

Anyway, I hope someone finds this admittedly niche app useful - my main motivation in writing it was as a bit of a programming exercise to investigate a bunch of technologies I hadn’t used before.

That is damn impressive. Well done.

Well done!

Wow, nice work there! Bookmarked.

As usual, the main person Trump lies to is himself:

…what legislation?

He’s certainly signed a lot of stuff, was none of it legislation? Shit, somebody should tell him!

Wasn’t he just bragging about passing a record low amount of legislation?

Trump voters aren’t going to bother checking to see if what he says is actually correct.
I don’t think they even care.

This calls for a LIKE button!

LIKE BUTTON

I’m sorry, but Trump is a stupid, incompetent, boorish asshole. Just had to get that off my chest after his latest ravings.

You forgot “idiot.”

In a recent Quinnipiac University poll, respondents were asked what word immediately came to mind when they thought of Donald Trump: The No. 1 response was “idiot.” This was followed by “incompetent,” “liar,” “leader,” “unqualified,” and finally, in sixth place, “president.” Superlatives like “great” and a few unprintable descriptives came further down on the list. But let us focus on the first.

Contemporary uses of the word “idiot” usually highlight a subject’s lack of intelligence, ignorance, foolishness or buffoonery. The word’s etymological roots, however, going back to ancient Greece, suggest that, in the case of the president, it may be even more apropos than it might first seem…

P.S. Why don’t my linked NY Times articles go in the fancy discourse box?

Maybe because of the URL shortener?