The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I heard he also reported liabilities of at least 385 million. If we subtract that from assets of 1.4 billion that leaves 1.015 billion dollars. So he retains his billionaire status by a tiny margin, like his hands.

Even at 1.4B he’s not exactly the high-rolling, international deal-making, always-winning real estate mogul he wants you to believe he is. He’s not even on the 2016 Forbes top 20 real estate mogul list and given the lowest net worth on that list is 6B, I’d suspect he’s not even in the top 50.

I was just in Vegas last week for my first time so naturally I saw the Trump hotel there. It’s striking how out of place it seems, even for Vegas.

First, it’s way North on the strip so far away from everything else. It’s kind of off in its own island. That makes it completely disconnected from everything else that’s so well connected to each other. You can’t walk there quickly even if you wanted to, and people who stay there need to walk pretty far to get to the other stuff in the strip.

All that in addition to the fact that it’s just ugly and classless. It’s this cheap looking gold building that epitomizes everything about how Trump acts - including his uncanny ability to act like someone’s flawed impersonation of what a rich person might be.

Awww, someone feels inadaquate. Well, for the record:

Going by Ramusssen (which recall is the most pro-GOP major pollster), Obama had 62% approval when he left office. In June 2009, Obama had 55% or so. So sorry Donnie, your numbers are small.

What he no doubt means is that Obama at some points was down below 50% - but then so was Donnie. In the last Ramussen poll, Trump was down at 43%. The sudden spike in Trump’s Rasmussen’s numbers from 43 to 50 is likely a statistical glitch.*

(* Gallup also shows Donnie up this week, but by a much more credible 3 points over the course of the week. Before the 43 number, Donnie’s most recent Rasmussen numbers were 46/46/45/46 - so the most likely explanation is that both the 43 and the 50 Rasmussen numbers are just sampling error.)

At one extreme, some Trump opponents consider him to be Kinbote — delusional or, at the very least, showing his weaknesses while being oblivious to the fact that he is doing it. There is a sort of collusion for these readers in the sense that Trump is unconsciously colluding with them by — in their minds — letting them know how far his perceptions are from reality.

At the other extreme, some supporters consider Trump to be Nabokov. They think he is playing “four-dimensional chess.” Just as readers “collude” with Nabokov, seeing Kinbote’s flaws as Nabokov lays them out, some Trump supporters feel they are colluding with the real-life Trump, the one who carefully draws our attention away from scandals and uses secret codes.

This point of view squares with his affinity for “truthful hyperbole.” (But then again, potentially damaging tweets like his Friday message about being investigated for firing FBI Director James Comey undermine this point of view.)

In each case, each group feels like it’s privy to a secret the other group just doesn’t get.

Godzilla wasn’t being strategic when he tore the power lines down, even if it did hinder the military response.

Is there anyone who knows who Nabokov is who still thinks Trump is being strategic?

Well, I think my biggest takeaway from that article is the part I bolded in the quote. Whether or not Trump is being strategic or displaying pure bumbling pathos both sides (his fervent supporters and detractors) see Trump’s Twitter account as an effective political weapon.

Heh, this morning DJT plugged Sekulow appearing on F&F and then deleted the tweet.

I’m glad the president tweeted out support for the victims of the terrorist attack in London toda…wait…he didn’t…? Oh…well…poop…

Those people don’t know Shakespeare, so no, it’s not even possible they know.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/politics/trump-twitter/index.html

But Trump’s Twitter feed is as powerful in what it doesn’t say as what it does. As of noon, the President had tweeted just once Monday — a jam-packed post that did not mention several important issues: seven US sailors killed after their ship’s collision with a merchant vessel off Japan’s Izu Peninsula, another seven service members wounded in Afghanistan, news of a US Navy jet’s downing of a Syrian warplane and a deadly attack on Muslim worshippers on the streets of London.
Throughout the weekend, as these stories broke and developed, his focus — on this most public platform — has been the federal probe he now regularly dismisses as a “witch hunt.”
“I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt,” he tweeted Friday.

On the developing Finsbury Park attack, in which a van rammed into a crowd of Muslim worshipers after Ramadan prayers in London, the President has so far been silent.
Trump has been quick to weigh in on other terror attacks. Within two hours of the London Bridge attack in early June, Trump was tweeting about it as evidence to justify his travel ban on six majority-Muslim nations. The travel ban is still stymied in the courts. His tweets that morning kicked off a spat between the President of the US and London’s mayor.

I’m almost thinking that Trump is a racist.

It’s not hard to understand, but you must let go of the old paradigm: Today the President does not speak for the nation, only for himself. This is especially true on twitter.

Umm.

Nightmare fuel

Welcome to Hell.

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/eu-ddream/dream_454aff143b.jpg?1497982198726

He tried to do the handshake thing again.

Trump then extended his hand for a shake which—when viewed at quarter-speed, as YouTube thankfully allows you to do—Varela yanks a solid 4 inches toward him.