The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

God our president is such a dick.

-xtien

It’s not Trump’s fault that his strength is tremendous and every other world leader is a cuck.

I think the takeaway here is not that Trump turns every handshake into a pissing match, but rather that he proceeds to LOSE that pissing match, now that other leaders are prepared for it.

And yet…he persists. Because what he has always known, and what has always enabled him to keep hold, is being a dick. Because in the past he always had the resources to surround himself with people just a little bit smaller. He has even done this with his cabinet. So he could do his sad impression of an Alpha Male (Trust Baby Model).

Now he has to deal with people on the world stage who are actually competent, and far smarter and stronger than he is. And they make fun of him in public!

How the people who voted for him aren’t constantly embarrassed is beyond me.

-xtien

The political form of the sunk cost fallacy?

Wow, KevinC. I had to look that up. The picture that pops up when you google the term is from FarmVille!

I think you just blew my mind. And also I think you’re right.

-xtien

He’s like a fat dumb Elizabeth Warren.

This is exactly it. They are pot committed at this point.
And if anyone here plays poker, if you get someone who is pot committed? You own that person. They ain’t going home with any money if they don’t have the winning hand, because they will lose everything that round.

And the president frequently embellished details during his speech, or told outright falsehoods. He tried to catch himself at one point, saying, “I have to be a little careful, because they’ll say, ‘He lied!’”

But he nonetheless plowed ahead, including misstating whether the Paris climate agreement, from which he plans to withdraw the United States, is binding. While doing so, he also prompted the audience to name the agreement themselves. “P… p… p,” he said.

“Like hell it’s nonbinding!” thundered Mr. Trump, who in fact called the accord nonbinding in his Rose Garden speech announcing the withdrawal this month.

“We’re not even campaigning, and look at this crowd!” he said at another point. The rally was advertised, sponsored and organized by his campaign committee.

He also repeated his frequent, untrue campaign refrain that the United States is one of the world’s highest-taxed nations.

Conservatism, ladies and gentlemen.

I believe he also said that immigrants shouldn’t qualify for welfare until they’ve been here for 5 years.

Which is actually how the law currently works, going back to the 1990’s.

Evidently, living 40 years in Iowa, I wasn’t seeing that happen constantly.

His Orangeness also said this today. But it’s not 5-0, it’s 4-1 thanks to Jimmy Gomez in California (District 51).

“5 and O” ?

Jesus Christ.

Fake news. Everyone knows one is the new zero.

Slate: White House Warns Reporters Not to Report on Instructions About Not Reporting on Thursday’s Press Conference

The Trump administration, acting on the fairly sound logic that its supporters don’t care in any way whatsoever about the civic principle that the government should be scrutinized by a free press, has started to cut down on the number of press conferences it gives that occur on camera. Wednesday, the administration announced that Thursday’s* press briefing by Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be one such no-video affair, then introduced a Kafka-esque twist by declaring that the announcement itself was “NOT REPORTABLE.”

For anyone who isn’t up on golf etiquette, you never drive your cart on the green.

It’s sad that the executive branch of the United States is now accurately described as Kafka-esque.