The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

trump

To explain a bit more, you never walk on the line between other folks’ balls and the hole, because your weight depressing the green can make sight dents and throw off their putt. It’s a finer point, as the effect would be minimal, but it’s a sign of respect.

You would never drive a cart on, and of the rangers saw you doing it, you would almost certainly get thrown off the course, as you would potentially actually damage the green.

This is a pure asshole move. Like, Rodney Dangerfield in caddy shack kind of stuff. Only he’s not funny.

I bet the Russians find him hilarious.

Hehehehe…balls…hehehehe hehehe…hole…hehehehehe

When you’re a star, they let you do it.

The Trump administration in 13 words. Bravo.

-Tom

Can you even imagine the white hot rage of rich Republicans if a famous black politician had been moronic enough to do this?

“Caddyshack”

I dunno, if he’d jumped out of the golf cart and screamed, “Hey everybody! We’re all gonna get laid!” it might have been kind of funny.

Or if he’d been struck by lightning.

Veteran Washington reporters tell me that they have never observed this kind of anxiety, regret, and sense of imminent personal doom among White House staffers—not to this degree, anyway. These troubled aides seem to think that they can help their own standing by turning on those around them—and that by retailing information anonymously they will be able to live with themselves after serving a President who has proved so disconnected from the truth and reality.

Cross-posted in the Spicer thread.

John Kirby, a former Pentagon and State Department spokesman under Obama, said in an op-ed for CNN.com that regular on-camera briefings benefit the American government.

“In the search for better ways to articulate the President’s agenda, the answer shouldn’t be no or even fewer briefings. It should be better briefings,” he wrote.

New York University journalism professor Jay Rosen said he disagreed with Kirby’s assertion that the administration is hurting itself by avoiding questions from reporters.

“That’s true only if you assume that Trump is trying to win the argument, persuade the doubters, or gain the approval of a greater percentage of the public,” Rosen told CNN. “What if he’s not? In campaigns you can quit trying to reach the undecided and just focus on turning out the base. Trump seems to have taken this approach to governing… It’s time we saw the decay in communications as a feature of the Trump presidency, not a bug.”

An elaborate infographic/article dedicated to cataloguing Trump’s lies.

President Trump’s political rise was built on a lie (about Barack Obama’s birthplace). His lack of truthfulness has also become central to the Russia investigation, with James Comey, the former director of the F.B.I., testifying under oath about Trump’s “lies, plain and simple.”

There is simply no precedent for an American president to spend so much time telling untruths. Every president has shaded the truth or told occasional whoppers. No other president — of either party — has behaved as Trump is behaving. He is trying to create an atmosphere in which reality is irrelevant.

We have set a conservative standard, leaving out many dubious statements (like the claim that his travel ban is “similar” to Obama administration policy). Some people may still take issue with this standard, arguing that the president wasn’t speaking literally. But we believe his long pattern of using untruths to serve his purposes, as a businessman and politician, means that his statements are not simply careless errors.

We are using the word “lie” deliberately. Not every falsehood is deliberate on Trump’s part. But it would be the height of naïveté to imagine he is merely making honest mistakes. He is lying.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/23/politics/white-house-comey-tapes-trump-tweet/index.html

In a brief, two-paragraph letter to the leaders of the House and Senate Russia investigations, White House legislative affairs director Marc Short copied and pasted Trump’s tweet onto formal letterhead.
"In response to the Committee’s inquiry, we refer you to President Trump’s June 22, 2017, statement regarding this matter: “With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings,” wrote in the letter on Friday.

The press-release bot scores!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch - if someone is ‘taping’ the president of the US in the Oval Office without his knowledge or consent, we have an incredibly serious security problem.

I presume you mean aside from Russian media…

What the heck kind of interview format is that? Have all the chairs been removed from the White House? I thought Fox & Friends chilled out on couches.

-Tom

It’s almost like Fox is learning from that junior WH camera operator who does those weirdly shot POTUS address videos.

Here’s his statement from that interview: “I didn’t tape him, you never know what’s happening, when you see what the Obama Administration, and perhaps longer than that, was doing, all of this unmasking and surveillance and you read all about it and I’ve been reading about it the last couple of months, about the seriousness of the and the horrible situation with surveillance all over the place. You been hearing the word unmasking, a word you’ve probably never heard before, so you never know what’s out there and I didn’t tape and I don’t have any tape and I didn’t tape.”

I picture him reading “surveillance” super slowly with a finger pointing at each syllable.

I assumed that it was because both Melanie and the Fox reporter had nice legs,(it’s why they have couches on F&F) but they didn’t even show their legs so now I’m totally confused.