The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Bruce Bartlett in Politico - he’s preaching to the choir, but it’s cathartic reading nonetheless.
(If you want to know what the modern Republican thinks of his thesis, skim the comments and any hope for a sane conservative party dies another death.)

I had like a 500 word commentary on this but I think I’ll just put it up in the original untranslated Stupid.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go off and collude (go to work.)

I know he’s an idiot, but the daily re-affirmation is still shocking.

This morning’s tweets. Nothing new to see:

The Democrats have become nothing but OBSTRUCTIONISTS, they have no policies or ideas. All they do is delay and complain.They own ObamaCare!

The reason that President Obama did NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling is that he expected Clinton would win…

…and did not want to “rock the boat.” He didn’t “choke,” he colluded or obstructed, and it did the Dems and Crooked Hillary no good.

The real story is that President Obama did NOTHING after being informed in August about Russian meddling. With 4 months looking at Russia…

…under a magnifying glass, they have zero “tapes” of T people colluding. There is no collusion & no obstruction. I should be given apology!

Republican Senators are working very hard to get there, with no help from the Democrats. Not easy! Perhaps just let OCare crash & burn!

Politico article:

Trump has turned out to be far, far worse than I imagined.

I have to admit, I’m not quite seeing this part. But maybe what I imagined was much worse.

I caught the genuine authoritarian tone in Trump’s rhetoric and, much worse, a deep receptiveness to it in an electorate that seems uglier and crueler than I had ever imagined.

I was actually scared that we were on our way to a brand of American fascism and that we might by now already be seeing watered down, ‘palatable’ versions of Enabling Acts and such, combined with some sort of Reichstag Fire event.

I’m very relieved that I was wrong (so far). In particular, I think the popular and judicial pushback against the travel ban may have been a huge backstop for democratic norms. As for Trump’s policies, yes, they are godawful, but also bog-standard Republican. Gutting the EPA, dismantling the ACA, ramping up 'lock ‘em up and throw away the key’ law enforcement ideals, blathering on about ‘school choice,’ transferring wealth back to the rich – these are things that literally any Republican president would have been likely to do, or in a legislative case not veto. Though maybe the grotesque cabinet incompetence on display would have been somewhat tamped down.

Dear Donne,
We hate you.
Signed,
The World

From Chile to Italy, from Sweden to Japan, majorities consider the president arrogant, intolerant, unqualified and dangerous.

Perceptive people, these earthlings.

Trump supporters are just going to say “good!”

Exactly.

So… It was rigged?

Can’t embed, so you will just have to jump to 11:50 if you care…

http://dai.ly/x469l24

Nobody knew foreign policy could be so complicated.

Five US defense officials reached by BuzzFeed News said they did not know where the potential chemical attack would come from, including one US Central Command official who had “no idea” about its origin. The officials said they were unaware the White House was planning to release its statement; usually such statements are coordinated across the national security agencies and departments before they are released.

Edit - removed link to remove the ginormous image.

This is pretty amazing and dumb.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gypzxm/behind-the-scenes-of-disneys-donald-trump-hall-of-presidents-drama

[quote]
The Hall of Presidents is a 23-minute show about the history of the American presidency at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. At the show’s conclusion, the curtain rises to reveal every U.S. president in history. Each commander-in-chief is portrayed by a life-sized Audio-Animatronic (Disney parlance for robot), who can move, talk, and in some cases, sit and stand.

Ever since the Clinton administration, the current commander-in-chief’s robot has given a short speech to conclude the show. The president himself records this speech, and it is aggressively non-partisan. Rather than touching on current issues, the speech makes resplendent, unifying, across-the-aisle statements about America’s glory.[/quote]

What happened when Disney folks reached out to Trump’s people to add the latest figure?

[quote]
“When Disney tried to get this process started earlier this year,” said the source in an email to Motherboard, “Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.’”

“The Imagineers [the researchers and developers behind Disney’s theme park attractions] tried to point out that they’re typically involved with this process,” continued the source. “That they directly collaborated with Clinton, Bush, and Obama’s people when it came to figuring out what the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure would say. Trump’s people said, ‘No. We’re writing this speech. You guys have no input on this.’”[/quote]

Nothing says conservative like the government literally dictating what a business will do.

Disney should respond with, “Oops we don’t seem to have any funding for it anymore. Weird.”
Or just tell them to take a hike and have the thing recite one of his speeches where he rambles on like a confused insane homeless man. Which is to say nearly any speech he’s ever given.

Disney should just keep Obama in there and make sure Trump’s people know that Obama will continue to end the show unless they play ball.

This.

Also, they should make the Trump robot’s hands really tiny.

No animatronic. You’re the animatronic.

Dear President Trump, I guess in this one case, Obama gets another four years.

Either that or put in an animatronic Hillary.

So… why has CNN (or other media outlets) not sued Trump for calling them FAKE NEWS?