The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I visualize a space sim in which your craft are Zerglike space bugs plying the cosmos

Pretty much.

My God, I just retweeted the Zombie-Eyed Granny Starver.

I mean, when Paul Ryan says “OK, that’s a bit much” you may have stumbled off the ol’ reservation a bit.

I’m only kidding here. After the president* took his sojourn into the izonkosphere on Tuesday afternoon, CNN cut back to Tapper, who looked very much like a man who had seen space aliens humping in his jacuzzi. I give him credit for having been able to say anything at all. I sat there in silent awe and petrified wonder for a good two minutes.

All the hinges are gone now. The rails are far behind. The trolley is missing and presumed lost. The president* came down to the lobby of his Manhattan tower, ostensibly to sign an executive order on “infrastructure.” He then took questions and we all went on a magic carpet ride through what he really thinks about the events in Charlottesville last weekend. For three days, whatever sensible people remain at Camp Runamuck have been trying to find some way to run damage control on the president*'s initial, ridiculous non-response to those events, whereupon, on Tuesday, the president* stepped up to the mic and blew all that work into tiny bits. Quite simply, the only president* we have lost his shit so badly on live TV that he’ll never be able to find it again.

Charlie Dent is:

1. Republican

2. Vulnerable to a primary challenge from the right.

3. Doesn’t care about 1 or 2 at the moment.

The Washington/Jefferson slope argument is specious.

But what about the importance of historical memory? Even that argument may be somewhat spurious, as the SPLC report demonstrates. Many of the treasured monuments that seem to offer a connection to the post-bellum South are actually much later, anachronistic constructions, and they tend to correlate closely with periods of fraught racial relations, as my colleague Yoni Appelbaum has noted. South Carolina didn’t hoist the battle flag in Columbia until 1961—the anniversary of the war’s start, but also the middle of the civil-rights push, and a time when many white Southerners were on the defensive about issues like segregation and voting rights.

A timeline of the genesis of the Confederate sites shows two notable spikes. One comes around the turn of the 20th century, just after Plessy v. Ferguson, and just as many Southern states were establishing repressive race laws. The second runs from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s—the peak of the civil-rights movement. In other words, the erection of Confederate monuments has been a way to perform cultural resistance to black equality.

Oh, man. Great timing Twitter.

The replies are hilarious.

I don’t know what the “Washington Jefferson slope argument” is. I am saying merely that our founders have a morally ambiguous legacy. Does that make them “just as bad as” the Confederates? No, but many of our founders owned slaves, which was pretty goddamn bad. It goes without saying that everything is complicated given the time and place in which it happens, but it is also true that plenty of people in the 18th century abhorred slavery.

I wasn’t aware that this was controversial.

I am keenly aware, by the way, of the active mythologization, both in Lost Cause literature and in the erection of monuments, that went on in the South years or even decades after Appomattox.

I was totally going to Tweet this myself the other day, glad to see someone did it.

Wait is that a real bot? lol.

EDIT: It is. And seems to accurately portray what the family is doing on twitter.
https://twitter.com/trumpsalert

Isn’t it possible that Matlin simply blocked all three of them after making her tweet, resulting them unfollowing her automatically?

Not having blocked or been blocked by anyone on twitter before, I don’t know enough about the mechanics there.

Speaking of tweets, I was kind of surprised to see Rubio’s:

Why were they following her anyway? Did they have her confused with Mary Matalin?

It is possible. It seems the bot can’t distinguish that (or, for example when an account one of the family follows gets banned or deleted).

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/346683-charlottesville-winery-trump-boasted-about-owning-claims-no-affiliation

Except:

"Trump Winery is a registered trade name of Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC, which is not owned, managed or affiliated with Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their affiliates,” the disclaimer reads.

What a weird story - people were pointing this out months ago. Doesn’t The Hill have more timely stuff to be reporting on today??