The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Hey, now she’s one-upped Eva Braun, so good for her.

MotherJones saying they have confirmation.

But they’re also MotherJones.

donnie’s going to have a sad.

One more - a megalomaniac and a racist:

No sooner had he delivered the Monday statement than he began railing privately to his staff about the news media. He fumed to aides about how unfairly he was being treated, and expressed sympathy with nonviolent protesters who he said were defending their “heritage,” according to a West Wing official.

He felt he had already given too much ground to his opponents, the official said.

If you look at the list, Obama actually has six of the top ten most liked tweets. Hillary has one. Donnie has zero.

Every singe one of them came from 2017 too, which is mildly surprising.

You know this is the first time i feel like millennial writers are widespread writing for large publications. That slightly snarky, always slightly strawman-y, breathlessly emotional sort of reporting that has been going on for a decade in blogs and web content now seems finally to have made it’s way to the halls of real journalism. In some ways its refreshing because people like Trump hide behind propriety and unwillingness of the genteel to call out bad behavior. OTOH… nails on chalkboard to my Gen X(? i fit into the so-called Xennials, whatever that means) ears. Going to have to get used to it, as it’s for the best and clearly the old ways aren’t going to cut it anymore.

Hey, I’m old and snarky. Millennials don’t get to claim credit for snark. Spy magazine forever!

(And if we had only listened to them back then about the short-fingered vulgarian …)

Edit, speaking of snark:

Today:

What’s the over/under for Trump finally just saying that he’s a white nationalist? I mean what’s the downside at this point?

Also today:

Took him 3 days, and honestly, I wish he would have stayed quiet. Her name doesn’t belong on his lips.

Has he ever referenced a woman without referring to her looks?

Trump also tweeted another attack on Amazon, which shows both how scatter-brained (who the hell cares about Amazon at a time like this?) and quixotic he is. His Amazon attacks have gained zero traction, yet he keeps making them.

And he’s not even bothering to attack the Post directly. Clearly what bugs him is that Bezos has more money than he does. (And, at this point, probably more influence in DC as well.)

Bezos is basically everything Trump says he is, but isn’t. Rich, self made, smart, a brilliant businessman.

The OP subject is missing “GRAND WIZARD”

These seems apropos :)

They also turned me into a Newt!

Millenials Respond To Clickbait

I may or may not have been the first to coin that phrase, but I refer to Trump’s rhetoric about how removing confederate monuments will eventually lead to removal of the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument - so therefore we must not remove confederate monuments. Of course Trump never has any original thoughts, so I assume the line originated on some alt-right web site he read.

I would never say that we can’t discuss the moral ambiguities of many of the founding fathers, but engaging in that discussion now just helps legitimize the slope argument.

If anything I’d see such a slope the other way. Maybe it is a bit gross that we have a major monument in D.C. to a man who repeatedly raped a woman he owned. But as that man also penned one of the greatest documents in the history of human liberty, and single-handedly doubled the size of the U.S. with the stroke of a pen (not that it was Napoleon’s land to sell, but anyhoo), our hands may be tied. If you backward-project contemporary morality too far, you can find reasons to despise most of our forefathers. Except that Brit, Thomas Paine. He comes out clean no matter what.

But yes, Trump obviously trotted out the Washington/Jefferson thing as a cheap grade school debate trick. Same with the ‘you think we’re so innocent?’ response re: Putin, which contained more than a grain of truth but was deployed in bad faith.