The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

That went up RECENTLY?
They put up a terrible confederate monument in recent years?

It was the late 90’s, so I mean “news stories” as in actual broadcast news.

That’s recent enough.
What’s wrong with people?

Here in PA, while we apparently have tons of racists, our statues are of the Union soldiers. You know, actual American soldiers who fought for our country.
(although once I witnessed a mother tell her kid that one of them was from the revolutionary war, and I did a literal facepalm)

Well, if you talk to someone from the South, they might refer to it in similar terms…

That eyesore statue (and seriously, even if you’re a fan of Forrest, it’s a terrible piece of art) was designed by Jack Kershaw, one of the lawyers that defended James Earl Ray. Some dude named Dorris owns it now. I assume that guy is a real peach.

Edit: NM, Telefrog beat me to it.

Crass to tweet about how sad you are that statues can’t be replaced, after a young woman dies.

Well, the woman was a fat slut who deserved to die. The statues are beautiful.

In Gettysburg territory they’d best be Yankees!

Tee hee.

Ah, now I remember. The city didn’t want it on their land or something and so this guy has it in his front yard or something. That was in the news maybe 1-2 years ago.

I have been to the Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond. It has lots of statues of confederates. There are at least 20,000 buried there. There are also three presidents buried there. I have no problem with statues being there. Same as with battlefields or historic sites.

I do think a city having statues of confederate generals all over town is a bit much and they should either come down or be moved to a museum or someplace where the history behind the person can be explained.

Forrest is like the Otto Skorzeny of the Confederacy. Hard not to respect the badassitude, hard to respect the cause.

Donnie crying about the lost art and beauty.

But…

Where have I seen that face before? Oh yeah…

burger-king

One would think the Israelis might be a little nervous dealing with a dude that was pro-Nazi.

Though they do love them some fascism as long as those guys aren’t involved in it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/346939-dem-to-introduce-impeachment-articles-over-charlottesville

Rep. Steve Cohen (D), a Tennessee liberal, announced Thursday that he will introduce articles of impeachment against President Trump based on his defense of the white supremacists who participated in a deadly rally in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend.

“Instead of unequivocally condemning hateful actions by neo-Nazis, white nationalists and Klansmen following a national tragedy, the President said ‘there were very fine people on both sides.’ There are no good Nazis. There are no good Klansmen,” Cohen said in a statement.

“President Trump has failed the presidential test of moral leadership.”

Cohen’s decision follows on the heels of a similar effort by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.), who last month introduced his own articles of impeachment contending Trump obstructed justice amid the federal investigation into Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election. Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) is the only other Democrat to endorse Sherman’s resolution.
Democratic leaders have sought throughout the year to discourage such an aggressive strategy against Trump, fearing that it could both undercut the ongoing Russia investigations and politicize those probes in ways that might damage Democrats in their districts. The Democrats last month launched a 2018 messaging agenda that doesn’t mention Trump at all.

But last weekend’s violent marches in Charlottesville have sparked new levels of Democratic outrage against the president, whose initial response was to blame “many sides” for the bloodshed in Virginia; he has now doubled down on that contention. Speaking Tuesday from Trump Tower in New York City, the president condemned the “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence” of groups like neo-Nazis, but also accused the counterprotesters — the “alt-left,” by his term — of being “very, very violent” and contributing to the tragic events.

It’s a gesture about as meaningful as all the Obamacare repeal votes until the name has a R in front of it.

Yup. Has happened several times already, I think