The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-soulless-coward-coach-gregg-popovich-responds-to-trump/

Coach Pop called me up after hearing the president’s remarks explaining why he hadn’t mentioned the four US soldiers killed in an ambush in Niger. Trump said, “President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls. I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I think I’m able to do it.”

Maybe it was the bald-faced nature of this lie, maybe it was Pop’s own history in the military, but the coach clearly had to vent. He said, “I want to say something, and please just let me talk, and please make sure this is on the record.”

Here is what he said:

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this president had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families are so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

At this point, Coach Pop paused, and I thought for a moment that perhaps he didn’t have the words and the conversation would end. Then he took a breath and said:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

Then he said, “Bye, Dave.” And that was it. Should be one hell of an NBA season.

That’s right! Abraham Lincoln, one of the greatest Presidents this country has ever known, did not phone a single family to express his condolences on the loss of their loved one during the Civil War. FACT. That means Trump is basically a modern day Abe Lincoln. FACT! Take that Obummer!

The above brought to you by every moron on Facebook ever.

Did you know that Republicans supported freeing slaves, while Democrats wanted to keep people in chains? CHECKMATE!

A lot of people don’t know this, but Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.
A lot of people don’t know that.

Goddamn right!

Good ole Abe Lincoln, best Republican President until Trump! And he didn’t take no shit from nobody, just like Trump! He was all about freeing the slaves. He thought every man should be equal. And he thought they should receive compensation, 40 acres and a mule, on the government’s dime, because it was only fair to give them a handout to help them back on their feet! He thought State’s Rights were bullshit, he believed in a united 'Murica! Before the war he told the South to shove it’s economic anxiety up it’s ass, but was right there to help them back on their feet post-war with generous handouts and grants during Reconstruction. He was all about government involvement in business, especially banking and railroads, and government regulation of said businesses. He was a champion of education, providing government grants to build colleges in every state. He knew all this government generosity would be expensive, so he even raised the first U.S. Income Tax!

So as you can clearly see, Abraham Lincoln represented the finest tenants of the Republican ideology…and…uh…and…wait…what?!

Washington would have totally been a Republican too.

!!NSFW!! NSFW!! Good lord almighty…NSFW!!

-xtien

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/donald-trump-campaign-legal-fees/index.html

Washington (CNN) – President Donald Trump’s campaign donors – big and small – are increasingly helping to foot the legal expenses the President’s campaign and his son, Donald Trump Jr., are facing related to the investigations into allegations of collusion with Russia during the 2016 campaign.

Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign is driving a steadily rising share of its contributions to the lawyers representing the Trump campaign and the President’s son. Legal consulting fees account for $1 of every $10 the campaign has spent this year, according to a review of campaign finance records.

And last financial quarter, 24% of the campaign’s legal bills bankrolled the legal fees of Trump’s eldest son, who has drawn the attention of Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller because of his meeting last summer with a Russian attorney he believed would provide him with incriminating information from the Russian government about his father’s opponent Hillary Clinton.
[…]
The Trump campaign on Monday touted its reliance on small-dollar donors, noting that $1.2 million of its $10.1 million fundraising haul last quarter came from contributions of $200 or less.

“Our latest report on campaign fundraising demonstrates that support for President Trump’s policies and passion is stronger than ever. Most importantly, we continue to see regular Americans make small donations in record numbers for a non-election year,” Glassner, the campaign’s executive director, said in a news release.

The Trump campaign has raised more than $25 million in the first nine months of this year, $10 million of which was raised between July and the end of September – during which the campaign paid out more than half of its total legal expenses for the year.

Now to hit him where it hurts

Fake News! Failing Forbes!! SAD!

FakeNews Forbes isn’t counting his secret Russian accounts.

I do not watch the NBA but I’ll sure be rooting for the Spurs.

Obviously McCain’s brain tumor is turning him into a Liberal. As Trumpsters are so fond of saying…“Liberalism is a disease of the mind”. Indeed.

No connection to the failed Muslim Ban #3, of course.

http://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-in-town-pool-5-pool-coverage-canceled-of-d-1819626496

Your poolers waited on the Colonnade for about 20 minutes before being told shortly before 3:30 p.m. that pool coverage of the Diwali lighting ceremony in the Oval Office had been canceled. No immediate explanation was given. The lighting was not canceled, but it was closed press.

You need to read some of the stuff the Warriors coach has said in the past year then, Steve Kerr has been very outspoken against Trump.

Continuing to defend his lying about Obama never calling the parents of fallen soldiers, Trump tells folks to ask Kelly whether Obama called him when his son died.

Literally said that. Amazing.

I know one person who did actually call the families of gold star families. Sen. John McCain who called the families of the 10 sailors who were killed when the USS John S McCain collided with a merchant ship. Of course, he didn’t make a big production of it and have his press secretary make up lies.

It is truly depressing to know that no matter what Trump does to disgust and embarrass us, he continually finds new ways to do worse.

Considering he said “I like to call when it’s appropriate”, I’m sure if someone asked his orangeness about that, he’d say he likes ships that don’t run into other ships.

Now Trump is threatening McCain, saying that “He’s gonna fight back eventually.”

John McCain, who survived in a Vietnamese POW camp, with two broken arms.

Pretty sure he’s not afraid of some fucking draft dodger tweeting mean things at him.