The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

But Craig, just think of how well fed you’ll be on the to those lists! That’s some good eats, man.

We now know the answer to that question.

Edit:

• Let’s talk for a minute about “he knew what he signed up for.”
  • There’s often a misconception among non-veterans that service members sign up with the expectation that they may die.
  • I did two tours in combat as an infantry officer and I never met a soldier who thought dying was a reasonable result of their service.
  • Take the numbers: Since 9/11, roughly 1 out of every 5,000 troops to serve in Iraq or Afghanistan died there.
  • I’ll say that again: 1. Out of every 5,000. Dying in combat is neither common nor expected.
  • But when things do get dicey, troops expect leaders (at every level) to do everything in their power to keep death from happening.
  • Take roadside bombs. When they began killing U.S. troops, President Bush never said, “they knew what they signed up for.”
  • Instead, DoD designed MRAPs. It was a concerted effort to keep more people from getting killed unnecessarily.
  • And that’s what keeps troops going. The knowledge that your life is valuable. That it’s not to be wasted. That air support is inbound.
  • Today we say, “I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy.”
  • It’s long been a thing in the U.S. military. Here’s how Robert Heinlein characterized it in his 1959 military classic Starship Troopers: https://t.co/kcTdRhORe3
  • After a KIA, no one in the military ever, EVER, says “he knew what he signed up for.” Instead they reflect.
  • “What could we have done differently? How could we have prevented this from happening?” No one shrugs death off as an inevitability.
  • So when we have a Commander in Chief respond to a combat death with, “he knew what he signed up for,” it tells us a few things.
  • First, it tells us the President has no idea how the military works or what his role and responsibilities are.
  • More importantly, it sends this message to troops: If you’re looking for support from the White House, you know what you signed up for.

Please tell me he didn’t.

I think I’ve identified a commanding officer that needs to be fragged.

“knew what he signed up for … but when it happens it hurts anyway”

The more complete quote is even less flattering. “hurts anyway”? Anyway, I don’t foresee any Trump supporter getting upset about this because a Democrat says he said it so they’ll never believe it’s true.

Trump says he has proof that he didn’t say this.
So he absolutely said it, and he has no proof to the contrary.

We should totally give the pathological liar who has trouble saying anything sane the benefit of the doubt.
Kappa

Edit: Also

Yeah, remember this?

Trump had the opportunity to make it about the soldier - even something like “Sgt. Johnson is a hero, and I would never have said what has been reported” would have been so much better. But no, it’s only about himself.

Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 18, 2017

I thought about that, but realized it was a step down from being a mop guy at the peep show.

What DJT said was completely in character for DJT. He is incapable of empathy, and incapable of even faking empathy. Typical of someone with borderline personality disorder.

It would be interesting to know what the good folks at Fox and Friends would say about, say, Obama if he had made exactly the same statement in that situation.

It would definitely help if the congresswoman wasn’t wearing a crazy cowgirl outfit in every pic I’ve seen of her. I assume anyone else in the car can collaborate the story. Trump will probably have someone write up a fake transcript and tweet that for his alleged proof. Or he’ll just never show the proof because his moronic supporters don’t care anyways. And he’s sure to do something equally repulsive today and tomorrow that will take the headlines. And don’t forget about Hillary because we’ve got to investigate this money laundering scheme or her Russian collusion or the way she pees sitting down.

It would not be interesting, because the fine folks at Fox & Friends once suggested that Obama wearing a tan suit was unpresidential.

Ultimately, her most unforgivable crime.

They have.

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/920654308059893760

From the article, directly from the widow (who very likely has much more on her mind than picking a fight with evil shitbird in the White House):

Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.
But asked whether Wilson’s account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: “Yes.”

[quote=“triggercut, post:10612, topic:78530, full:true”]
Yeah, remember this?

NARRATOR VOICE: “There were no tapes.”

We were also promised, a year ago in fact, recorded proof that accusers against him of sexual harassment were lying.

Still waiting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.c346d04ad74a

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson’s widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

Trump has no tapes, of course, just bluster. But I have no doubt Putin has some tapes of DJT.

Giving someone condolences for their dead son isn’t some complicated thing. It sucks to do because as the President, you ultimately are the one that sent that soldier to do the mission that got him killed, and because as a normal empathetic human consoling a grief-stricken mother is emotionally painful. It’s ultimately a simple act of kindness. Tell the person you’re sorry for their loss, listen to them, and try to relate. We’ve had 44 Presidents that got this right. But trust Trump to fuck it up because he’s Trump. He just can’t help himself.

“He knew what he signed up for.” Dumb as hell.

Only losers get killed.

If we assume that Trump is incapable of empathy and doesn’t understand what it’s like to live under a system of laws (b/c he’s always been above them), it seems like the only two things that can get under his skin are damages to his reputation/authority and damages to his financial standing. Anything else is perhaps not even recognized by him.