The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Not the Onion, Vol. CDLXXIII

I guess Trump’s lawyers have been keeping Staples too busy for other matters lately.

I’ll add one more based on a co-worker. There’s a little bit of cross-over with the Burn-It-All-Down Crowd:

The ignorant: Sheltered, blue collar, rural, haven’t traveled, probably only met a handful of minorities in their life, don’t watch the news or read papers, not necessarily dumb – and may even be very smart – but wary of and threatened by intellectualism, vote Republican because that’s their cultural default, and like Trump because from a distance they buy his anti-establishment, plain speaking champion of the common man shtick and are too disinterested to look close enough to realize that it’s complete bullshit.

Now, we can argue about at what point ignorance becomes compliance and I’m sure you wouldn’t have to scratch too far beneath the surface to find the other ugly traits that come from ignorance but, in terms of their active motivations for supporting Trump, it just comes down to negligent levels of disinterest.

I’m not defending or apologizing for these people. They frankly infuriate me. The co-worker in question is hard working, extremely smart and a super nice guy in the work context. 'Never hung out with him outside of work and have always studiously avoided politics because I sort of suspected and sure enough, someone else brought it up and he loves Trump because he’s draining the swamp.

Hey @wumpus, are we gonna get an update so that tweets that include other tweets render correctly?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/19/the-trump-white-house-is-officially-unmoored/

President Trump’s most faithful supporters like to believe he’s always a step ahead of the media and the political establishment — that he’s playing three-dimensional chess while we’re stuck on checkers. Where we see utter discord, they see carefully orchestrated chaos.

This week should disabuse absolutely everybody of that notion.

Surely THIS week will be the Trump base tipping point. [Ron Howard Voice: It wasn’t.]

Hey, at least he’s acknowledging it’s all coming from Fox & Friends. Transparency!

Is this based on some hard-hitting journalism at Fox News? Or is it completely made up speculation he happened to watch on Fox and Friends?

Always this.

Everything in those tweets is stuff he was banging on about during the campaign. The Snopes factcheck on it was published last October. Presumably the thing that prompted F&F to go over it again is this:

Fox and Friends is all he watches. And Hannity. He’s not watching stuff like Shepard Smith or even Chris Wallace.

I feel like he must watch some CNN to be so pissed off at it. And he’s probably been at least glancing at the New York Times since the '70s.

Does he still rage about the MSNBC morning show, or have his handlers got the child-proofing on his TV to block that channel?

Fairly sure he relies on Twitter and Breitbart/Infowars to get his CNN info. Fox and Friends probably talk shit about them from time to time and you know Hannity does constantly.

Only when Joe makes it onto Twitter or Breitbart.

Holy fuck.
LEAKED MEMO REVEALS WHITE HOUSE WISH LIST

Contains the bigotry against Muslims you would expect, and also this:

Each of the document’s repeated references to fertility awareness, including as a preferred remedy for teenage pregnancy, can be found in subsections that identify DPC staffers Katy Talento and Alexandra Campau as points of contact for OMB officials. Talento, a former adviser to Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC), attracted the attention of the health news service STAT earlier this year, after Trump selected her to help shape the administration’s health policy, for expressing “strong rhetoric against birth control and abortion.”

In a January 2015 article for the right wing website The Federalist, Talento suggested that “chemical birth control” is “causing miscarriages of already-conceived children,” and, “breaking your uterus for good.”

I’ve never heard of crooked.com, so I’m going to save my umbrage until I see this corroborated on a news site I trust.

It’s a site started by Jon Favreau, Director of Speechmaking for Obama and Jon Lovett, former Obama speechwriter.

The author of the article is formerly of the New Republic, and the end of the article has a copy of the memo

In other news Kelly just had a press conference and blamed Congressman Wilson for politicizing Johnson’s death.
Totally ignored trump’s role in all this, so yeah to hell with him.

I wonder how much is written in Trumpspeak in order to get a yes.

NASA says fake news liars insist they can’t put a Trump Base One on Mars and need 200 bn to make Mars great again.