The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

https://twitter.com/aparnapkin/status/935757201846800384

He’s on fire today. Now claiming that Joe Scarborough may actually be a murderer.

I think, as the time for tax bill vote in senate approaches, Trump will get even crazier. I just hope that the media focusses on the JCT report (debt impact of the new tax bill), which hopefully will come out in next few hours.

We’re all freaking out about the shiny tweets – meanwhile he’s disassembling the Obama regulatory regime, starving the State Department, nominating unqualified archconservative federal judges, and providing cover for the GOP Senators and their plutocratic tax bill.

It may not be deliberate, but the Crazy Tweeting essentially works to Trump’s advantage. Always has.

It also tends to normalize some of the fringe GOP, like Ted Cruz. Christ, it makes Pence look like your kindly, wise grandfather.

Word. Well said.

It’s almost like Nixon’s Madman Theory applied to domestic partisan politics as opposed to the Cold War nuclear standoff.

Why after all this time, hasn’t someone in the press said “No you stupid bitch, we are focusing on the right thing. …” and take one for the team?

That video the Post released with O’Keefe was very illustrative of the tactic that Sanders is using. You appear to listen to the question, but you don’t acknowledge the question, you just say what you want to say.

It would’ve been funny if the Post reporter had mirrored O’Keefes behavior-- just keep asking the same questions without acknowledging O’Keefe’s non-responses at all. I wonder how long they could’ve gone back and forth like that.

These tax cuts for the rich will help us defeat North Korea? Well why didn’t you say so in the first place!

Trump’s atrocities against competence and dignity come so fast it’s hard to even catalog them all.

Trump tried to start a Twitter war with Theresa May. That got reported. What slipped through the cracks on a lot of outlets is that in his first attempt, he tweeted it the wrong person, addressing it to some random Theresa instead. Arrogant, stupid, and inept at basic tasks. What’s not to love?

The thing is, Nixon had issues, but he was ulimately a pretty intelligent guy.
Trump is just an imbecile.

BuzzFeed News confirmed Duysak was a contract employee at Twitter and had previously worked as a contractor for other tech companies, including YouTube. “He seemed like he was happy with his job,” one friend said of the employee’s position at Twitter. “He was a contractor, so I assumed he was doing something simple.”
[…]
In his capacity working in user services, Duysak likely had administrator access to internal Twitter tools that would allow him to suspend or delete accounts. One former senior Twitter employee told BuzzFeed News that “a lot” of employees have the ability to suspend user accounts and hundreds have a level of access that would allow them to deactivate them. This former employee described Twitter’s account administration system as a dashboard, meaning employees might not need engineering skills to suspend or deactivate an account. “It’s one click if you have the rights to access the tool," the person said.

The source also noted that Twitter was aware its suspension permissions could be abused, but did not change its protocol. “There was discussion that for verified accounts or high-profile ones, there’d be special protections (i.e., ‘two keys’) but it was never implemented,” the person told BuzzFeed News. There do appear to be some limits. Another individual with knowledge of Twitter’s permissions system dispelled the notion that contract employees with administrator access can “become the user,” which would allow the employee to read direct messages and tweet as the account holder.

On Nov. 3, Twitter said it has “implemented safeguards to prevent this from happening again.” The company declined to share details on those safeguards.

Not all heroes wear capes.

The Nixon visit to China was a big deal. He and Kissinger, for all of their many faults, were intelligent men. Trump is a fucking idiot. Big difference. OTOH Nixon got his due. Trump is the Teflon Shitgibbon.

Any chance Twitter could implement safeguards to make it happen more often?

I’m all in favor of implementing the final safeguard for Twitter.