The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Um, isn’t that illegal?

Stupidly, in some states, you are allowed to record a call if one party consents to it. Clearly the party recording that call (that is part of the call) is consenting. However, I’m not aware of the legalities of rebroadcasting it.

Yeah, it’s the rebroadcasting I’m thinking of, even in one party consent states (and are they really restricting calls to those states anyway?). The UK is a one party consent jurisdiction, but you can’t make the recording (or even the contents of the communication) available to a third party without both parties’ consent.

CNN tagline for a video of Trump’s speech: “Trump: The rich people actually don’t like me”

He’s starting to catch on. If he can realize that the middle class and the poor actually don’t like him either, he’ll be on to something.

The rich, on the other hand, mostly do love the tax plan. Not that Trump is capable of realizing those are separate thoughts.

It was Thanksgiving day when Chris Johnson, the chief political and White House reporter for the Washington Blade, learned he hadn’t been invited to the annual White House holiday party for the press.

Mr Johnson, a reporter for the nation’s oldest LGBTQ paper, had attended every such party for the last seven years. He assumed this year’s invitation hadn’t gone out yet, until he heard other reporters discussing them over the Thanksgiving holiday.

“My first reaction was I assumed it must have been an oversight,” Mr Johnson told The Independent.

He emailed the White House to enquire about his invitation, but was bounced between spokespeople. He never received an invitation, and never got an explanation as to why.
[…]
CNN, meanwhile, has decided to boycott the event entirely. In a statement on Tuesday, a CNN spokesperson said it would be inappropriate for the network’s reporters to attend, “in light of the President’s continued attacks on freedom of the press and CNN”.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded by tweeting: “Christmas comes early! Finally, good news from @CNN.”

The US President has psychosis and is “a very sick man”, said Dr Lance Dodes, a former assistant professor of clinical psychiatry at Harvard Medical School who now works for the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
[…]
“The simple explanation for it, which people don’t want to hear, is that he’s not in control of himself. This is what we mean when we say that somebody is becoming psychotic or is briefly psychotic."

He added: “All of his delusional ideas come up when he is stressed in some way, and then he loses track of reality because it doesn’t fit what he needs to believe.”

Dr Dodes said it was “an extremely dangerous thing” for a position of power to be held by someone who “appears so wantonly unconcerned about the welfare of others and willing to do anything to promote himself”.
[…]
Mr Trump was "villainous because of his sociopathy and psychopathy but with a tremendous veneer that he’s extremely good at,” he said.

Nothing that Mr Trump might do would now be surprising to him, including dissolving the US constitution, firing the Supreme Court or starting a nuclear war with North Korea, because such actions would be “consistent” with his previous behaviour”, he added.

The US Congress and allies of Mr Trump need to accept that the President is “an extremely incapable, disordered, sick individual”, he added.

#MAGA!!!

This is such a depressing trademark of this administration/any grade school playground. Back someone into a corner and force them to take a principled stand then mock them for doing so. See also: today’s “Chuck and Nancy” tweet followed by “stop the political grandstanding.”

I turned on the TV today and The View was on. I don’t watch it. But today I was surprised to see McCain’s daughter talking about how Trump wasn’t a racist. How we can’t call people Nazis. How we have to try to find a common ground. That’s as far as I got and turned the TV off. McCain’s daughter, of all people, should see what a scumbag Trump is.

Fake news. Clearly that picture was shot during the London blitz. You can just barely make out the Heinkels in the searchlights.

… during World War on Christmas II

For whatever reason, it appears Junior tweeted that six years ago, and Stephen Colbert replied to it 40 minutes ago. And then Chris Hayes retweeted Colbert’s response.

is this a math question…?

So recall that once upon a time Theresa May invited Trump to the UK for a state visit. Then that invite got downgraded because it was clear the formal procession through London was going to be a sea of protestors.

But! Trump was still invited, and he was going to make a “working visit” instead in 2018.

Not any more. He’s been disinvited because he tried to start a Twitter war with Theresa May after she disapproved of him retweeting British white nationalists.

So to summarize, the President caused a major diplomatic breach with one of our closest allies purely because he’s a belligerent racist idiot who likes to stir up trouble.

Let’s not forget that Trump – with the power of the world’s largest economy at his back, master of tens of thousands of government workers at his beck and call – started the Tweet war by rebuking some random woman in the south of England who has a grand total of six followers.

WTF is a pool spray? It sounds like something you run through at Six Flags Great Lodge.