The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

The GOP can’t even get 50 of their own guys to vote for the CR, ridiculous.

I think it takes 60 votes in the Senate

It does, but they can’t even get 50 of their own guys.

They could not filibuster and then sit back and see if the GOP can get to 50, right?

At this point, the filibuster doesn’t even come into play, because the GOP doesn’t have even 50 votes for cloture.

Just to be clear, I’m saying that since they need 60 votes for cloture, they need Democrats to vote for them… But they can’t even get all the GOP on board.

If the Democrats do not filibuster then there is no need for a cloture motion, right? Worst case is they have some D senators vote for cloture but against the bill - plenty of precedent for that.

The message is “we didn’t stop you, you couldn’t get it done when you had full control of all 3 parts”

Eh, I guess? I guess they could just stop debating and vote, but I honestly don’t think the GOP could even win a straight up/down vote.

Everything needs 60 votes to pass the Senate, except reconciliation. Perma-filibuster is the new normal, courtesy of McConnell.

He may actually pass up Reagan on the “did the most damage to American democracy” leaderboard by the time his toad-faced boiled-potato lizard-fuck slack-skin putrescent carcass removes itself from the Senate.

He passed that bar a long time ago. He’s aiming for Newt’s title.

Is it me or is Trump’s random capitalisation getting worse? He’s doing adjectives now.

I suspect he’s using capitalization for dramatic effect à la Thomas Carlyle. He’s really quite brilliant I’ve heard.

ahem It’s 4th dimensional Grammar.

In fairness, my phone’s autocorrect often seems to capitalize stuff randomly.

And… Under the bus they go!

Nah, Cotton and Perdue were also liars before.

I can’t seem to find the AP article which bears this new admission - is this a reinterpretation of his previous statement?

I’ve been looking for the same article also.

It’s a misleading tweet. In the Twitter thread, someone noted that it was just the AP quoting an anonymous source.

Until I see an actual news source with that AP quote, I’m dismissing the tweet from Brasilmagic. Who is that anyway?