The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

It should be on abc right now.

Unfortunately all I get is f******g American Idol here in Phoenix.

It should be on at 10 your time, I would think.

IMO, this is not hyperbole by Comey - I think it’s a simple, objective statement of truth on whether trump is fit for office.

Everyone knows Trump is unfit.

Some people just delude themselves, choosing to imagine that Trump is somehow going to change.

But we all know he’s not going to change.

Any blockbuster revelations?

This is what I was looking for: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/us/politics/comey-abc-interview-excerpts.html

There weren’t any new revelations about what Trump did, but Comey clarified what was going on in his mind and why he made certain decisions the way that he did.

The most interesting thing to me is him saying Trump doesn’t have dementia. He’s actually had a conversation with him one-on-one, so maybe he knows better than us? On the other hand, maybe Trump’s condition has deteriorated since then?

Not sure why you think dementia is to blame for trump’s raging narcissism. That’s been his problem all along, it’s still his problem and it’s never changed.

I think Comey’s point is this: Don’t excuse Trump by saying he’s senile. He isn’t and everything he has done he’s done deliberately knowing what he is doing.

If Trump was going senile it excuses a lot of what he’s done. Comey is saying not make that excuse for him because it isn’t case. Trump isn’t a confused old man, he’s an evil one.

I’m sure that Trump is evil at or least amoral, and has always been. What I’ve been saying and I think Timex also is if you go back say 20 years Trump sounded a lot more intelligent than he does now.

I thought maybe it was early dementia, but if Comey says that isn’t that case as does Dr. Ronnie Jackson the new Sec. of Veterans affairs. So I’ll believe them, it is easier to hate Trump if he isn’t suffering from dementia.

I wonder what the explanation is for the fact that he routinely seems to be almost incoherent in what he is saying and thinking. Just talking about shit he knows nothing about, and unlike a normal person not being willing to say he has no idea?

Because he has no fucking clue about what he’s talking about, is not interested in learning about anything he’s talking about, and just spouts bullshit because he knows his “base” will adore him for it .

Edit; oops, responded before your edit.
But yes.

Exactly. Trump ran for President expecting to LOSE. He was going to parley the fame from his run into some kind of TV deal or business advantage, and the farther along into the race he got, the bigger the benefit. When he actually won, it took everyone in his camp, including Trump himself, by surprise. They ran a campaign based on “Just get up there and reiterate Conservative Media talking points, bash Hillary and the media, and the people will love you for it. Trump News Network will be a done deal after you lose to Clinton, and we’ll make a fortune being the new face of Conservative Media!”.

Now that he’s actually President, he has no fucking clue what to do. He stress eats comfort food, schedules rallies because they make him feel good like he did while he was campaigning, tweets out garbage, goes golfing to escape the pressure, and talks in circles and gibberish when he has to face the public because he’s deathly afraid he’s going to be found out as a complete fraud who can’t lead his way out of a paper bag. He’s pulled off the ultimate con and now he has no idea what to do.

He watches Fox News daily because he’s hoping he can simply reiterate what they say and it’ll look like he’s leading the country and making important decisions. Remember in the early months when he would sign whatever was put in front of him and hold it up proudly like a toddler with an art project for the fridge door? That was a clear sign of a man who has no clue what he’s doing and is desperate to look competent. Same thing with the healthcare boondoggle and the tax breaks, he basically just badgered the fuck out of the GOP Congress until they passed something he could claim credit for. Trump is a sad fraud.

I’ll back off on my previous stance that Trump has early stage dementia in addition to being an evil, sociopathic, malignant narcissist if people like Comey, who have had direct contact with him and are credible sources, say they don’t think he has dementia. But to be clear, I never thought dementia was to blame for his raging narcissism; my own feeling was that these conditions coexisted with one another. It wasn’t the narcissism that made me think of dementia but the apparent cognitive decline over the past several years or decade, which could be attributable to other things.

Yeah, dementia was just a thing I hoped some Republicans could glom to as political cover for removing him from office.

It’s not dementia, it’s narcissism. Read about it. You’ll see that he is a malignant one and that’s why you can’t wake up with a single day of escape from it. Everything has to be about him.

Gah! My point is/was that it doesn’t have to be either/or. But like I said, I’m dropping the dementia theory for now. As are others, I gather.

I think the other issue is many of these people who glom onto him are codependents. They love to give up themselves to his authoritative decrees.

Dementia aside, I do disagree with what Comey said about intelligence: “He strikes me as a person of above average intelligence who’s tracking conversations and knows what’s going on.” I’m very conflicted on this one. I’ll grant that his actions could be attributable to those of a cunning predator. But while in nature some predators are shown as being pretty cunning, they’re not necessarily considered to be “of above average intelligence” compared to other species and their predator peers.

If Trump wins points in that area, my money would be on instinct and luck, not on being super intelligent.