The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

For the record, and I PM’d Mike to tell him so, I wasn’t replying to Mike.

And I think he might have blocked me…so if someone would be so kind as to convey this to him, I’d appreciate it.

One would think so. I had a long commute home yesterday and there were some very smart folks on MSNBC debating just when, how and why that pushback needs to become extremely vocal about the lying. What got me is that even with a pretty left leaning panel, there were -still- two members who cautioned that pushing back about the lying wasn’t the right thing to do. If I recall correctly the reasons given were that it only highlights what he said, and that continued push of the right information should be the key.

I disagree that continuing as they are currently is helping in any way. Trump rules from his bully pulpit. He can say whatever he wants and by doing so he gains the control of any and all conversations. Every single thing he brings up must then be framed around what he said, even if it’s just to do fact checking and then statements of truth.

And the problem is, nobody on the side against Trump wants to partake of the same method of counter communication. This is going to continue right up to the point he convinces the masses that the investigation is indeed a witch hunt, and that any and all of his detractors really should be jailed because they are evil spies.

What I took away from listening to that is: we’re fucked. I don’t think simply gaining control of the house is going to help us. We’ve waited too long, he has too much of a foothold, and there won’t be enough votes against him to do anything to him.

Buckle up, we have 3 more years of this asshole.

Yeah, I didn’t hear the discussion on MSNBC, but there is plenty of research (he said vaguely) showing that when you repeat a lie—even to point out that it is in fact false—people will better remember the content of the lie, often more so than the actual truth.

I think the news should just stop reporting what Trump says. Entirely. After all, what’s the point? What Trump says rarely has any meaningful relationship with the truth anyway.

Just report on the factual outcomes and get on with it.

That would probably be bad for ratings, though.

And that’s why it won’t happen.

6 years and 7 months, I think.

I’m not trying to count my Kentucky Fried Chickens before they hatch, but there’s always a chance is sooner than that.

The PR battle is completely one-sided right now, because the WH team is all over the news every day and can’t stop talking, while Mueller’s team is completely silent. This may be reason to stay optimistic, because we are only seeing one side’s propaganda. But because this ends up in congress for any action, it is also reason for pessimism because they are driven so much by public perception that PR may dominate any facts.

Whatever I tell you three times is true.
From The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll

Yet, if Mueller’s team were saying anything of note, he probably would have been fired. Still I agree with you that sitting back and letting them control the conversation is frustrating. But as already said, pushing back just keeps their talking points in the limelight.

As frustrating as it is for us, waiting for Mueller to finish up and bring the Hammer of Truth down upon our foes, imagine how tough it is for Mueller himself. He knows what happened by now, has seen his taxes, all the various emails, heard testimony from those that have flipped, etc. And he just has to sit on it until he has an airtight case because anything less would be completely ignored by the GOP. And of course an airtight case might be as well but it would hopefully convince enough people to rally against the travesty that is our current administration.

No doubt, the restraint they have shown is remarkable.

I got a lot of shit for keeping John Oliver’s make Trump Drumpf again plug in. I think he deserves to be ridiculed at all times. If for no reason other than pissing off him and his supporters.

I’ve been wondering it since the 90’s. Seems the answer is no.

As infuriating as this is, it’s a psychologically true statement.

With many people, especially those older than 50, being told that something is false often has the effect of reinforcing the lie. What happens is that they don’t really remember the details of the interaction, and just recall that they heard the same statement twice… Forgetting that the second time they heard it, was actually explicitly saying that it was untrue.

I don’t know how we can’t combat this, other than my previously suggested plan of deadly, deadly traps.

The good news is that with the lack of affordable healthcare in our country, those old people will die sooner! It’s not deadly traps, but perhaps the next best thing, assuming the GOP isn’t able to push their death panels through under the guise of ‘life advisors’.

It was infuriating to hear the panel. It was akin to listening to a group of talkers, not doers. As though if we just continue doing things the way we have, we will triumph in the end. No, that’s not how it’s working now, and I seriously doubt it will work with just keeping at it for another year or two. While we sit and laugh about crazy Trump and off-the-rails Giuliani, the pair have effectively moved the goalposts around every single thing we thought would surely be Trumps downfall. Truly they follow the GOP agenda at this point: gaslight, obfuscate, project.

I’m not laughing anymore. I’m not shaking my head anymore. I’m now worried.

Tell me about this deadly trap plan.

Trump IS a factual error. Where’s the whiteout?

Oozy, viscous and outdated? Trump IS the whiteout.