The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

They’ve been doing it the entire time. And they love it. Why would they stop now?

Because they have a 24oz bottle of content to fill that has a hole in the bottom of it.

-xtien

“I will drink it and always be full.”

Someone needs to be recording these things, for history’s sake if anything else.

How many times do we need to go over this?

A share is a share. Whether you’re sharing because you love it, or because you hate it, you’re still sharing it.

It’s really the only way to make money in media anymore. You can’t shame the media into stopping, because your outrage is the entire point.

The only thing you can do is stop sharing.

I just wish they’d literally air the fucking gibberish he utters and just out-and-say-it, “he’s a fucking moron.” But instead they just to choose to air the provocative shit.

No big deal, just another federal law broken.

No big deal, as long as no one is snooping. Oh, wait…

A US government investigation uncovered the potential use of sophisticated cell phone surveillance devices near the White House and other “sensitive facilities” in Washington last year, according to a letter recently sent to Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

It’s not clear who may have operated the devices, known as IMSI catchers or Stingray devices, but it’s possible they belonged to a foreign adversary. IMSI catchers work by mimicking phone towers, which fools cell phones and allows the devices to intercept calls, texts, and data streams, according to The Washington Post.

But her emails!

So it all balances out then. Good.

So basically, he’s on the phone with Putin every night and no one is there to hear the calls. Gotcha.

I could almost get behind the idea of a “Space Guard”. If private industry is going to be mucking around up there, it would be nice to have some sort of governmental cavalry available to make sure orbits are cleared, idiots in unspaceworthy vessels can be rescued, and illegal aliens (perhaps Mars-born humans trying to return to the cradle?) can be processed. As long as we aren’t going to defy the 1967 Outer Space Treaty by putting pew pew X-ray bombs or kinetic strike weapons up there.

I have absolutely zero interest in paying for this.

If you build a shitty rocket and can’t get back to earth, too bad. You die.

I’m not paying millions of dollars to save that guy.

That’s the great thing about humanity, trying to rescue people in desperate situations, whether they deserve it or not. Whether it’s digging out Baby Jessica in the well, digging out Chilean miners trapped 0.4 miles under the very same earth they had been excavating, sending ex-navy divers and submersibles through flooding caves to retrieve a bunch of soccer kids that thought it was a good idea to explore flooding caves, or perhaps trying to rendezvous with a disintegrating space capsule before it burns up in the atmosphere.

There are plenty of capsized boats we didn’t get to save. And I remember that the Columbia space shuttle only had about 3% of the delta-v absolutely necessary to reach the ISS, and it wasn’t feasible to send up another shuttle. Some people can’t be saved.

But if they could be saved, without killing a large number of rescuers, why not? It’s like the poet wrote, “Lean on me, when you’re not strong/ And I’ll be your friend/ I’ll help you carry on/ For it won’t be long/ 'Til I’m gonna need/ Somebody to lean on.”

Because you could save thousands of people by just spending the money on health care instead.

Exactly, maybe at some point in the future where folks are just doing normal stuff in space and it doesn’t cost a billion dollars, sure… when it’s like the coast guard saving a sinking ship.

But if it’s just some rich dude going into space for an adventure? Nah, you roll the dice, you take your chances.

Well, of course.

Kneeling at a football game, on the other hand – that’s treason!

I think it’s important to know these are the Hammonds, not the Bundys. The Hammonds were not directly responsible for occupation.

Yeah, that’s important to note. The Hammonds actually urged the occupation idiots to stop what they were doing pretty early on.

The Hammonds set fire to some plants on Federal land, and that fire got out of control causing some widespread damage. They say they were trying to do a controlled burn of invasive plants, while the Feds say that they were trying to cover up evidence of poaching.

Regardless, they pled guilty and were give sentences of a few months for the father and I think just a day over a year for the son, and they reported to jail peacefully. What caused the controversy is that after they had served some or all of their time, the Obama administration challenged the ruling and asked for a much stiffer penalty - something closer to the minimum of five years in jail.