The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Yeah, now THAT is an achievement.

He makes Reagan look good. And I purely hate Reagan.

This kills the Timex. Just be nice to Kasich, please.

Who? :)

At his last White House Correspondent Dinner in 2016 he walked out to the line “You’re gonna miss me when I’m gone” lyrics from Cups and started off with “You can’t say it, but you know it’s true.”

Of course, that was before we realised we were on the dark timeline, so we didn’t really know how true it was! I didn’t know then that world history tends to play out like the plot to a cheap movie.

I remember in high school George HW Bush was riding high and SNL had a skit about “the race not to be the one who loses to George Bush in '92”. We were just studying the banquet scene in MacBeth. My teacher explained that Bush the Elder had just thrown up in lap of the Japanese PM and by the rules of Deep Symbolism, that meant he was toast (just like MacBeth).

From this, I concluded that my English teacher was completely nuts. But damn if Bush couldn’t get a break after that. I still think he was a little nuts, but people do latch on to symbolism. I think of Trump sitting at the correspondent’s dinner and vowing revenge, and somehow he just stumbles through 100 events that are supposed to sink a candidacy. The whole sequence is just so weird to live through.

Trump survived what no other candidate could for one simple reason, he has no shame. He felt no compulsion to drop from the race or resign, because he felt he did nothing wrong. So those saying he should quit had to obviously be in the wrong, or the bearers of fake news.

But who knew that this could be a viable strategy? Anyone would think that the voters would look at the unapologetic asshat and at least enough of them would be disgusted to doom his chances. But he does it dozens of times and people admire him for it. I don’t think it would be a viable strategy for anyone else.

There is great evil loose in the world. Trump is proof.

I think, and hope, you are right. It may account for why you see so many GOP candidates this year though who have ties that would automatically have got them booted in years past.

Such an embarrassment.

He doesn’t even need to open his fool mouth to embarrass the nation.

Trump really is a great unifier. He’s made Republicans miss Obama, and Democrats miss Bush 43.

God what I’d pay to hear what the Queen said about Trump in private.

Trump not knowing how to walk reminds me of my favorite post Tweet of the week:

The replies are fantastic as well.

That’s not Photoshopped? Is he wearing one of his dad’s suits?

It is slightly photoshopped, but even the original had them looking terrible.

I don’t understand how much rich people can have such poorly fitting suits.

I think it’s because they only weigh 180 lbs and have their suits fitted for that weight. Their tailors must not be very good.