The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Yes Trump is still an evil monster.

Back on topic: I have no problem with Taco Bell. Its not mexican food but its not really meant to be.

Hulk Hands, they’re an actual kid thing. Smash puny fake news

My wife gave me a pair of those about 10 years ago. I still have them proudly displayed on my shelf.

FTA:

On this particular day, the architect had come to Donald Trump’s office to show him what the interior of the residential elevator cabs would look like.

Trump looked at the panels where the buttons you push to reach a floor were located. He noticed that next to each number were some little dots.

“What’s this?” Trump asked.

“Braille,” the architect replied.

Trump told the architect to take it off, get rid of it.

“We can’t,” the architect said, “It’s the law.”

“Get rid of the (expletive) braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it,” Trump yelled back, calling him weak.

The more the architect protested, the angrier Trump got. Donald liked to pick on this guy. As a general rule, Trump thought architects and engineers were weak as compared to construction people. And he loved to torment weak people.

But did he think the architect would remove the Braille from the panels? Never.

I had seen him do this kind of thing before and would again. He would say whatever came into his head. Ordering an underling to do something that was impossible gave Trump the opportunity to castigate a subordinate and also blame him for anything that “went wrong” in connection with the unperformed order later. A Trump-style win-win.

I don’t believe that account. It is giving him too much credit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-false-or-misleading-claims/?utm_term=.34146c6059f9

In that single day, he publicly made 125 false or misleading statements — in a period of time that totaled only about 120 minutes. It was a new single-day high.

That’s perfectly memed up and ready to go.

South of the Border is, I think, a national chain, The food is okay, though too salty.

Ah…Chi-Chi’s. Went to dinner there on my eighteenth birthday. In Denbigh, Virginia. I used to love that place. I believe I had my first chimichanga there. A young man never forgets his first chimichanga.

My favorite thing about the place, though, was that my family pronounced it Les Nessman style:

-xtien

Remember their fried ice cream dessert?! I do.

Things you learn from Wikipedia:

" It also came to be associated with Mexican cuisine, in large part due to national chain Chi-Chi’s adopting a fried ice cream made with tortillas and cinnamon as its “signature dessert” when it opened in the early 1980s."

That’s amusing, because I associate fried ice cream (a.k.a. dessert eggroll :) with Chinese restaurants, of the “One from column A, and one from column B” type.

This is so much better than talking about President dipshit. Now I’m hungry.

It would be cosmic justice indeed if every Trump thread ended up being about Mexican food.

Moments after the photo, “Get rid of this foreign shit and bring me a Big Mac.”

My first job, at 15, was at Chi-Chi’s. I started out washing dishes in the kitchen, but as one of the only dishwashers who showed up reliably and stayed employed longer than 60 days, I got “promoted” to prep cook when I turned 16. Basically, I made all the refried beans, Mexican rice, corn mash stuff and spent hours upon hours scooping pico and guac out of huge barrels and into little round cups on trays, then plastic wrapping the trays, dating them and shoving them in the cooler. “Fresh” was a term very loosely used by Chi-Chi’s in the mid-80’s! Eventually I worked my way out onto the floor as a busboy briefly, then into the bar as a barback, which is like a busboy for the bar only they handle mostly glassware, restock all the alcohol and tap the kegs in the walk-in. It was a good job, and the people there were all pretty amazing, with some incredible stories. I worked there 2 years, from 1986-1988, and the experience got me my college job in a nightclub just off campus. I sometimes wonder what ever happened to the people I worked with there, as the restaurant closed in the early 90’s and I never saw any of them again.

Chi-Chi’s itself folded as a chain and franchise in North America in 2004, reinventing itself as a name brand and it’s now cranking out chips, salsa and frozen Mexican products in grocery stores nationwide. If you want to eat at a Chi-Chi’s though, you can travel to Belgium, Luxembourg, the UAE and Kuwait, as Tumbleweed Inc. purchased the franchise brand and opened Chi-Chi’s restaurants in those countries in the late 2000’s.

Fun fact, they told us in orientation that the name, Chi-Chi’s, was the nickname of the founder’s wife. She was so nicknamed because she was supposedly very well endowed. No idea if that was true or not, but in the 80’s, even corporate orientation was blissfully unaware of sexual harassment! Fun fact #2, the founder of Chi’Chi’s was also one of the founders of Zantigo, which originated from Zapata, and eventually got bought up by Taco Bell.

Sweet! Now I’ve got a plan for the weekend!